Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here in cold, windy & wet MidMo, I am wondering what kind of riding experiences are happening this weekend in other places. Go ahead and make me feel bad--if you are, or will be, out on a trip this weekend, tell us about it, and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
This is not a tour of the Southwest, but I will be going with my son to do his riding course in Tailem Bend. Tailem Bend is about 1.5 hours from Adelaide through the Adelaide Hills. Tailem Bend is a country town that is on the River Murray. It's history is closely tied to the railways. There is a whole town that has been set up so you can see how thing were when some of us were growing up. Now I am not going to name those that may remember and lived in those times. I have been told that age is just a number so I always pick a low number. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Sympathy post card from Virginia. My bike is stored at the shop warehouse where she'll stay safe and warm until spring.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Bike is stored riding done for year. Little Lady & I are headed to our Son's for Thanksgiving. Actually in about 1/2 hr. If she ever gets moving. WHOA! Did I just say that?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
I kmow that thanksgiving is an important family day for my mates in the USA. So keep safe with your travels and enjoy the time that you share with family and friends. Now I also know how special your children are and there is a quote from Kristian aged 4yrs.11months and Kemeri 7yrs. in the back seat coming back from the hospital.[Do you know what life is about? Kem. Kristian asked her. No Kristian said Kemeri. Then Kristian said, Kemeri, life is about love. It's about loving God and Jesus. It's about loving Mum and Dad, sister and brothers, ok Kem. Yes Kristian said Kemeri. Then Kristian said. And Kem, life is about friendship, being a good friend....loving and kind, ok. And being a good friend is sometime doing what your friend wants to do. NOT what you want to do, ok. So Kem this is what life is all about. Kemeri; Yes Kristian, thats right. Isn't it Mummy. Kristian at this stage couldnt eat, drink, walk and was attached to a pump 24hrs a day to keep him alive. Enjoy thanksgiving. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
I kmow that thanksgiving is an important family day for my mates in the USA. So keep safe with your travels and enjoy the time that you share with family and friends. Now I also know how special your children are and there is a quote from Kristian aged 4yrs.11months and Kemeri 7yrs. in the back seat coming back from the hospital.[Do you know what life is about? Kem. Kristian asked her. No Kristian said Kemeri. Then Kristian said, Kemeri, life is about love. It's about loving God and Jesus. It's about loving Mum and Dad, sister and brothers, ok Kem. Yes Kristian said Kemeri. Then Kristian said. And Kem, life is about friendship, being a good friend....loving and kind, ok. And being a good friend is sometime doing what your friend wants to do. NOT what you want to do, ok. So Kem this is what life is all about. Kemeri; Yes Kristian, thats right. Isn't it Mummy. Kristian at this stage couldnt eat, drink, walk and was attached to a pump 24hrs a day to keep him alive. Enjoy thanksgiving. Eric
If we can't find something in our lives to be thankful for, then we of all people are the poorest. We have so much while others have so little.

My late wife wrote this on the first picture she ever gave me.
"None is so poor as those who have nothing but money, ... None is so rich as those whose heart is full of love'. Boy I miss that woman...

Count your blessings this day and always.

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
No riding here in the Northwest Corner to cold in the upper teens and an inch of snow on the ground

Eric and Two Wheel: You guys had to go and get me all misty, thanks.:)
Two Wheel, I can't imagine what it would be like with out my Bride of 46 years. She's about a half bubble off plumb most of the time but that's what make her so great.
It's 7:45 AM and her and our Grand Daughter just got back from delivering Eggnog Lattes (that they made) to Two of the other wives down the road, that have been up since 0 dark 30ty cooking Thanksgiving dinner for their families. Yup she a keeper.
One more thing to be THANKFUL for.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its the morning after Thanksgiving, just got back from my 5:00 am coffee run on my 91 aspy.Thought it was a little cold 22 degrees, no wonder my cruise control didn't work, kept pushing wrong button, anyway got to see the space station fly over 5:27 am.Have a great thanksgiving weekend.Les

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
We had a mini Ice storm today so I guess it is done for sure!The roads were slathered with good ole salt!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
The evening after, cold front went through today and brought some light rain and cold (for here) temperatures. I went out this afternoon after the rain had past to the store. Got lost again and had to take the long way home and didn't get back until the sun was going down.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a doctor my wife works with to show him a couple old, curvey roads west of here. We'll start out on the Old Port Gibson road (where Grant and Sherman brought the troops up to Jackson before heading back to surround Vicksburg), up to Jeff Davis Road, north up to Vicksburg on the Fisher Ferry Road. Then we will head east to Highway 22 and back to Madison. All good riding on a sunny brisk day in middle Mississippi. Probably 175 miles or so.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Crownfire, sounds like some really good winter riding planned in Mississippi. We got to Vicksburg, Natchez & the Gulf in May this year, really enjoyed that part of the country. Road salt can be a big factor here on winter roads, as in Vermont, would not consider taking my bike out in it even on a warm day. The only winter ride we really plan for here, assuming decent weather and roads, is a new years day ride, one mile for each degree, most years we get it done.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
The only winter ride we really plan for here, assuming decent weather and roads, is a new years day ride, one mile for each degree, most years we get it done.
One mile for each degree sounds like a good plan. That way you aren't going too far when it is really cold. I had hoped to get to SW Missouri this year to visit an Uncle but didn't make it. Looks like a lot of good roads in that area.

We had a good ride Saturday. It got up to 60 and the sun was out all day. At the end of Old Port Gibson road we turned back for the best curves section of that road. Then north on Fisher Ferry road to Vicksburg.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Mark, There were 2 things that bothered me about our trip across country. 1-Was missing Bryce Canyon with bike troubles & 2-Was not having the time to ride down your direction. But I knew we could reach your area another time so......

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Mark, There were 2 things that bothered me about our trip across country. 1-Was missing Bryce Canyon with bike troubles & 2-Was not having the time to ride down your direction. But I knew we could reach your area another time so......
Actually that time of year is pretty hot and uncomfortable. Head down this way in April or October, then it is very nice. You could do a triple; Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Natchez Trace.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Here in Toronto I called it quites this past Friday and put it in Hybernation. Riding it in 0 c. (32 f.) is cold enough for about a 15 min. ride through the city to it's winter home. I must admit it was nice this morning having my car in the garage (instead of the bike) with all the heavy frost on the windshields of the cars left outside at 5am in the morning.
Just 1 hour north of me it has been dumped on the last few days. I did get one nice ride in the weekend before with some buddies. After one hour heading up north two guys had to turn around and head back because of the cold.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts