Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From one veteran to all the rest out there, especially active duty, THANKS! for your service. This country would not be as great as it is without the sacrifice of the veterans and their families.

I grew up in an Army family (father retired as MSG in 1974 and died of Agent Orange complications in 2003). My wife grew up in an Air Force family (father retired in 1968 and passed in 1984; he was a MSGT who managed the engines on the SR71).

We know and appreciate the sacrifice veterans and their families make every day. Again, THANK YOU!

All gave some; some gave all.

JIM & DONNA

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Stated well Jim. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Thanks Jim; And THANK YOU to all the Have Serve and That are SERVING.
For me it was an Honor
U.S.A.F. May 61-Oct. 70
A.C. & W. Radar Tech. (AFSC 30352)
From the Northwest Corner
Ron (USAF Robbie)

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I just got off the phone with an old Marine ordnance buddy who lives in Tacoma WA. We call each other every now and then, but we always call each other on or near November 10th . The bond exceeds time and distance.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Thanks to all who have served.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the oportunity to ride in the 5th annual Texas Honor Ride. They gather funds and donate to the Wounded Warriors and Brook Medical Center at Ft. Sam Houston. There were well in excess of 300 bikes from what I saw. I was glad to be a part of it and support my fellow Brothers and Sisters in Arms.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
thanks

I too join with many to say thanks for the service and sacrifice many have made. I am patriotic to the bones. Still get chills and tears when I see our guys returning home.
I would have gladly served but was a 4F in the 60's draft status.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm a little late on this, but thanks to all that served and the families behind them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks

I went to an Applebys is Lima Ohio on veterens day. The first person I talked to had a Navy hat on. He was in 1970-1974. I was in 1971-1977. Differend duty. He was on the west coast I was on the east. I had a great time sharing common experiences and some free food, and thanks to all. The friendships you don't know about yet are special, and the ones you made years ago are precious.
Lets pray the deteriation of our freedoms are stopped soon. Thanks to active and former verterans, we have a good chance to keep our country Free and Brave..;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Jim -- I too was an Air Force vet and appreciate the fact that we are reconized by some enough to express their thoughts. I also have many bonds that were made during my service time and they are special friends who feel as you do without a word being said. Thanks to all who have and are now serving to protect our freedoms. God Bless each and every one of you.-- Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts