Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody ride with like a 3/4 textile jacket that is water proof and will handle cold weather.
Don't want a jacket that is tight. I'm 62 and want some room
I ride and lookin for one that I don't have to spend a fortune.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
One of the best textile jackets is the Tourmaster Transitions 2 jacket. I've got one that has survived 5 years and quite frankly don't think I can wear it out. It's a winter jacket that also has air scoops that can be opened for warmer weather and has both a waterproof and quilted liner. Found a great deal on one at http://www.bikebandit.com/tour-master-transition-series-2-motorcycle-jacket.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I bought my Wing I hung up my leather for the Tourmaster Transition 2. I've been in pouring rain and kept dry and warm on cool days. But when it gets too cold I also wear my Gerbings. And like DanB said I don't think I can wear it out. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs and XL fits perfect. Great jacket.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
I wear a Tourmaster Sabre jacket and overpant. It's in good shape having it for over 6 years and I wear this jacket a lot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
One issue with the original post.....he mentions that he does not want a jacket that is tight.......a snug fitting jacket either with layering or witha heated jacketliner is really more significant than many aspects of overall warmth.....if there is an airspace under neath the jacket that is where the cold air causes the problem. Cold and rain really create issues on long travel with ill fitting jackets.
THese are all great suggestions but buy the one that fits not the best deal.
just my opinion from buying several "good deals"

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Olympic sizing chart shows a Large jacket for somebody with a 42-44 Chest I ordered a XL cause that is what I wear in everything.
Seem some people say the arms were tight. And it caused them to pull the liner out of the sleeves.
Wanted to be able to wear some cloths under the jacket.
Hope I made a good choice with the Olympic AST touring jacket :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think they make a great product, my son wears Olympia stuff....Just dont be reluctant to send it back if you have any doubts......
good luck...post a picture of you in your new duds....

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think they make a great product, my son wears Olympia stuff....Just dont be reluctant to send it back if you have any doubts......
good luck...post a picture of you in your new duds....
Can you explain more about don't be reluctant to send it back.
If the sizing ain't correct. They will not take it back for a different size

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Tried to respond to this last night, but the laptop was being a bollox. We both wear Joe Rocket Nirvana touring jackets. removable rain liners, thermal liner and a once a year shot of scotchguard. Comfy, relaxed fitting, and versatile. Makes us look a bit like a Honda billboard, but like 'em a lot.
pic # 1 is us with the gear on
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11874

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
+1 on the Tourmaster Rincon. Not tight, 3/4 length, warm & zip out lining.

I wear mine all riding season. Loads of venting for warmer weather.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Plus 1 for a First Gear Klimanjaro jacket. i also have the HT1 overpants. I've ridden dry in absolute frog stranglers.. couldn't see far, but nobody else was dumb enough to be out there..

=Dave=
olddogmoto.com

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I've worn the Olympia jacket for 5 years with very good luck. Love having the removable lining, and I like the visibility of the day-glow green. Great product in my opinion.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Higher collar

I have also been looking for a new jacket, do any of these have a higher collar?
My neck seams to always get a breeze on it, I usually put on my dickie when it really isn't that cold out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.