Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any interest in a centralized meet this Spring for New Mexico and Texas Wing owners? Anyone interested post town and state...we can see ....:)

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Don't forget us western Oklahoma folks, I would be game.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Lee, I'm definetly interested but I'm restricted to when. I've got vacation scheduled March 30 thru April 21. That's 3 weeks. I'm trying to get any two of the 3 changed but probably won't be able to. If we can set a date in there, I'll keep that week and try to change the other 2. I'm up for it. I was thinking about going to Big Bend area. But I'm open.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
So Lee, are you planning on us all doing a day trip to Montana and back, or what? Just wanna establish the parameters for riding with you before committing, given your pedigree.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was thinking we list our area and try to centralize ...I was thinking a day trip....I don't mind doing extra...I figure several hundred miles for lunch is not too much. I would be willing to do five or six hundred to get to you guys..although for lunch I would prefer 350 miles more than that and I have to get up extra early...I believe this is doable...any suggestions on a center location?

I just got back from dinner with several of my friends who are surgeons....the topic was what am I going to do this year to top last year...I have created a freaking monster...so my reply was 11,000 miles in 11 days...:D God help me and God help me next year.....:D

I would like to have an opportunity to see as many of you in person..I have done that on the RAT (Triumph) site...some of which I have known on line and they came from Australia and got to ride with them and have lunch...it really is great to meet people inperson...I got to meet Fossil in 2012....so lets try to work out a simple day trip to get most of us together...

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Lee, Dallas is 500 miles from Roswell where most of the GWOF members in central, north and east Texas live near. I'm not familiar with any members in west Texas. I'm not necessarily advocating meeting in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex due to extreme traffic and population density but perhaps in a rural setting like Possum Kingdom Lake west of Mineral Wells/Ft. Worth. Come to think of it, not much to eat out that way. Doing a ride with Randy and Will next Saturday around Cleburne and Randy said there's a good burger joint down that way. East Texas has great BBQ but that's another 100 miles east of Dallas. Perhaps Will or Randy have something to add here.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Palo Duro works for me about 240 one way for me.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Lee, I think of the riders in the DFW area, DanB will have the longest ride. Half way between you and Dan would be the Abilene area. 35 miles northeast of Abilene is Albany, a neat little town. Only problem there is it has one tex-mex diner and a Dairy Queen that keep normal hours. The other 5 or 6 restaurants serve lunch from 11-2, then close and reopen sometime after 5pm. So, we would have to manage our time well and hope the place is not terribly crowded.

Abilene has almost every food chain you can think of plus a few more. If we've got a few weeks before our meet, I'll try to go out there to find a privately owned diner. Or maybe we've got a member who can suggest something.

If you really want to come farther east, there is good restaurant at Possum Kingdom, and Mineral Wells and Weatherford both have several. From Roswell, you can easily get as far east as Weatherford without using the interstate. Past that, the traffic gets busier.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Palo Duro Canyon is 428 miles from me as I'd have to leave at 4am for a noon lunch meetup. I could do that but probably would get a hotel room that night rather than ride into the night to get back home. I'm also not an IB rider as 428 miles is plenty for me for one day. I've never been to Palo Duro Canyon and would love to see it. Maybe I could hook up with some of the DFW riders who would be going up 287 and if anyone wants to share a hotel room, let me know. Of course, that is, if we're meeting there.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Palo Duro Canyon is 428 miles from me as I'd have to leave at 4am for a noon lunch meetup. I could do that but probably would get a hotel room that night rather than ride into the night to get back home. I'm also not an IB rider as 428 miles is plenty for me for one day. I've never been to Palo Duro Canyon and would love to see it. Maybe I could hook up with some of the DFW riders who would be going up 287 and if anyone wants to share a hotel room, let me know. Of course, that is, if we're meeting there.
Dan 428 miles for a CAT rider is a IB ride.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gentleman and any ladies....vote on a few locations ...I will ride the distance to see you all....I really don't mind if it is a few hundred or more....

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Might think of San Angleo. It has a neat history, its full of every kind of eats you would ever want. It has Motels, very nice "old" shopping downtown and modern shopping in the outskirts. For the fishermen there is Twin Buttes lake, Lake Nasworthy, Oc Fisher lake where there is San Angelo State Park. Haven't ever camped there but for those who might want to , here is a link to the "Find a State Park Website". http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/nearby/sanangelo
I know its a great little town to visit. :p Isaac

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Gentleman and any ladies....vote on a few locations ...I will ride the distance to see you all....I really don't mind if it is a few hundred or more....
I agree with Lee. Someone start a poll and vote. San Angelo is 400 miles for me and I can do that too.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Palo duro canyon +1

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Ok, I'm not gonna be the whimp here. I'm in for Palo Duro area. Maybe I should turn this into my first, and maybe only IBA attempt.

For some reason, I this picture in my mind that lunch will be IBA stew.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.