Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got home form work just after three and was gald that the mail man got here before me cause in my mailbox he lefta pair of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CORTECH...parel_Merchandise&hash=item25761439d7&vxp=mtr
i watched tv for about an hour then got my gear on and headed out for about 2 1/2 hrs to try the new golves. it was 50f with wings gusting to around 20mph so it wasn't much of a cold weather test unless you add the wind chill. when its windy like this i feel air seeping into my joe rocket nitrogen gloves but not the cortech. the insulation in the cortech gloves is not as thick as the joe rockets though. the gauntlet on the cortech is better and there is more adjustment on them, one at the wrist and one on the gauntlet.. the cortech are somewhat stiff at the nuckles and will need a break in period the joe rockets felt good right out of the box. as for cold weather i'll have to wait until i can wear the cortech gloves on a morning ride to work. i put in about 70 miles testing the glovesand the temp had dropped to 49f by the time i made it home

·
Premium Member
24,122 Posts
Sweet Doc. I've been eying Mz. Vickie's Mink Stole jacket and glove ensemble since the temps dropped.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Thanks Doc,
Please let us know how they work after a "good test period". I have been trying to avoid getting heated gloves for winter riding and have 2 different gauntlet style pair of winter gloves neither of which keep my fingers from getting cold on a 200 mile ride, I'll keep looking for the solution, maybe it's battery operated gloves, I dunno.:confused:

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Sweet Doc. I've been eying Mz. Vickie's Mink Stole jacket and glove ensemble since the temps dropped.
I can just see you going down the road with that on. There goes another crazy biker.:eek::D

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Doc,
Please let us know how they work after a "good test period". I have been trying to avoid getting heated gloves for winter riding and have 2 different gauntlet style pair of winter gloves neither of which keep my fingers from getting cold on a 200 mile ride, I'll keep looking for the solution, maybe it's battery operated gloves, I dunno.:confused:
it would depend on how cold it was going to be that day.. i have a pair of first gen tourmaster heated gloves and they are warmer and more wind proof that either the cortech or joe rocket gloves. i have worn them in temps as low as 32f without having them turned on cause i wanted to know how they would be if the gloves shorted out while i was out on a ride. the drawback is the bulk of the electric gloves

1 - 6 of 6 Posts