Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Thanks Joe. BTW, that's a pretty good representation of my old Dyna Convertible. the leather bags had a regularity of parting company with the bike, and the exhaust header bolts were forever rattling loose, and the brake light hardly ever worked. Mirrors never fell off, but they might as well have (couldn't see through the nutters anyway) and the carb shoulda fallen off since it was a p.o.s. from the get-go. But I was cool, I had a Harley:confused: Only thing I never figured out was why that pinned up yoyo couldn't have picked that one to run over instead of the RK?:confused:

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Heheheheheh! As luck would have it, on my upcoming Phoenix trip I'll be riding a Harley ( again ). Seems all the Goldwings are booked through the month of April.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Just remember that "things are different on a Harley"! Slower, noisier, hotter....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
LMAO!!! Well being a newbie on a Honda GoldWing I have to say there is alot of truth to the lil video!!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Joe how about giving us a quick review on your new ride.
Well, I have 4500 miles on it and I'm really loving it. Of course I had to make some changes to it but we do that to the Wing also. I put bar risers on it, bigger windshield, J&M handlebar mounted CB unit and a new seat. I think I can ride it all day now without getting sore. I have my first multi day (7 -10 days) ride coming up in May. I have been on 250 miles days to get a cup of coffee and a piece of apple pie and it handles great. The twisties are a lot of fun on this thing. I find myself going a lot faster up and down the mountain roads than I did on my wing. :D
It's no Gold Wing for sure but the amount of riding I do now since my wife doesn't ride any more it fits me just fine. I wish it had a bigger gas tank, and a cruise control for long trips, it only has a 5.8 gallon tank with about 41 MPG. I think I made the right decision for me.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Everything mechanical breaks. People even break. That being said and all the sharing the same wind thing....I have only talked to one person who would not admit that Honda's are Harley support bikes. We will ride behind them as not to run off and to pick up the parts that fall off. She swears that it was always the Wings or other Hondas that broke down on trips and the Harleys always ran perfect. 1 person and I talk to WAY TO MANY people (just ask the wife :D).
I LOVE motorcycles all of them and maybe one day when/if I have tons of money I will have one to ride to dinner and back.
A buddy of mine has a GSXer he and two friends rode RT66 (he lives in KY) to CA. The other bikes were 1800 GW and some kind of Glide. They never made it because the Harley kept breaking down and the ran out of time. He got mad at the GW because they ask to stop because they were hot and he was freezin his butt off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts