Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped in to say hello, just bought an 83 Aspencade and am in the process of fixing it up. Biggest problem at this time is the speedometer cable came loose and I cannot find where it plugs into the wire bundle that goes into the speedometer. Other than that it is in fair shape. I just put in a new starter and new tires and a new radio (had to have a radio). Anyhow, I ve been riding since 1952. My first bike was a 1945 surplus Indian and this wing is my 16th bike.
So greetings from scenic southern Indiana.
Terry D. Owens

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello Teredith

I really like the Aspencade '80's style GW. Have fun with it, as I am sure you will. After riding all these years, is this your first Wing? I guess you've seen the changes in bikes in your time since your Indian. I am fairly new to riding. I started out in '02 riding a z400 Suzuki, for on and off road. Then, in '08 I was given 'permission' to buy the GW, that's when I truly experienced riding. That thing can go and is really an amazing work horse. Good luck with your GW!

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... RIDING SINCE 52 IMPRESSIVE YOU SURELY HAVE SEEN SOME MAJOR CHANGES IN THE 2 WHEEL INDUSTRY ... DOES THE 83 HAVE A DIGITAL DASH ??? IF SO IT IS A REAL PAIN TO GET THE SPEEDO CONNECTION ... MINE IS UNPLUGGED ALSO ... I HAVE TRIED GETTING THRU THE HEADLIGHT AREA - FAIRING POCKETS - AND SPEAKERS NO LUCK ... WAS TOLD THAT YOU HAVE TO ACCESS THE CONNECTION BY DIS ASSEMBLING THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FAIRING ... I JUST GO BY THE RPM's AND WHAT GEAR I'M IN AND THAT PUTS ME CLOSE TO WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... HOWDY ... RIDING SINCE 52 IMPRESSIVE YOU SURELY HAVE SEEN SOME MAJOR CHANGES IN THE 2 WHEEL INDUSTRY ... DOES THE 83 HAVE A DIGITAL DASH ??? IF SO IT IS A REAL PAIN TO GET THE SPEEDO CONNECTION ... MINE IS UNPLUGGED ALSO ... I HAVE TRIED GETTING THRU THE HEADLIGHT AREA - FAIRING POCKETS - AND SPEAKERS NO LUCK ... WAS TOLD THAT YOU HAVE TO ACCESS THE CONNECTION BY DIS ASSEMBLING THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FAIRING ... I JUST GO BY THE RPM's AND WHAT GEAR I'M IN AND THAT PUTS ME CLOSE TO WHAT THE SPEED LIMIT IS ... HAPPY TRAILS ...
Ronzilla: Yes, my speedo is unplugged and I will find where to plug it into. I figure I have all winter to fix it along with a few other things.
Looks like you are a shipmate, I did 24 years. I was an AECS, CWO-3 Aviation Maint. and Lt. LDO. Retired in 1976.
terry

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF teredith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts