Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where to get a good small two man tent and sleeping bag to fold up and carry in an 09 GW? Needs to be inexpensive.No trailer. Thaks,

·
Registered
123 Posts
check out campmor.com, rei-outlet.com, sierratradingpost.com. Watch for their clearance and closeout deals, you can usually find a pretty good deal.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
You might check a local Dicks Sporting Goods store. Haven't done much camping since the army, so can't be much help. Back then the big concern for a two man pup tent was if your buddy's tent was buttons or snaps. (you had to be there)..

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tube tent is lightweight, versatile and sets up easily so you can rest quicker. It is one of the most common forms of emergency shelter found in survival kits. It comes with the ridge cord that lifts the center up and forms the tent. Simply tie off the cord to two stationary objects such as two trees and you have tube tent.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
tenting

You will be living in this tent so it needs to be something above the cheapest pup tent around. Try Target and look for a "half dome" style tent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody know where to get a good small two man tent and sleeping bag to fold up and carry in an 09 GW? Needs to be inexpensive.No trailer. Thaks,
after 15 yrs of bike travel and camping somewhere off the road out of site, i thru the tent away and we both got bivvy bags,they are lighter, smaller to haul and can be put up and taken down in seconds. orangerider

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up a nice 6"x 14' x 60" tent at Gander Mountain last Saturday on sale for $59.00 (reg $134.00)with an additional 20% off. The tent is called "Biker's tent" GMT-1406 by Northpole LLC out of Washington, Mo. http://www.northpoleltd.com/products/
Gander Mt. also has fleece summer sleeping bags on sale for $9.99 ea, buy two and they zip together. The wife and I also picked up some fleece blankets 2 for $10.00 that will suppliment the bags on cooler summer nights. All this fits into one GW saddle bag with a little room to spare.

Here is the manual with a pic of tent:http://www.northpoleltd.com/manual/?searchNumber=GMT-1406&uid=298

1 - 9 of 9 Posts