Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ten Thousand In Ten Days & Four Corner Tour

Nominate Post for Newsletter Ten Thousand Miles In Ten Days in conjunction with the Four Corner Tour AMA (SCMA). I am going to attempt this ride after talking about it for two years. I figured I have the six IBA rides under my belt so it is time to try. I will either succeed or hang my head low in shame for failing.

I will leave at 04:30 hours mountain time.
From Roswell NM
San Ysidro Cal.
Blaine Washington
St. Louis Mo.
Madawaska Me.
Key West Fla.
Roswell NM

10,400.+ miles

So it will be a long and tiring ride. I am hoping to completed 1000 to 1200 miles each day.

I will be texting Fossil and Efinref. at the end of each day and they will post my progress. I will give a full report when I return. I have already made a reservation at a hotel with a pool and hot tub as a reward at at the end of my ride.

For me this is a big chance to prove to myself if I have what it takes to do an extreme ride.

I have done one the 1,500 in 22 hours and 43 minutes...but that is nothing compared to this ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
You have done the 1500 miler so you know the days will be long and tiring. The beginning and the end of each day will be the most hazardous along with the flat part in the middle of the day. Have a great ride and ride safe. When do you leave?

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Wow, what do you call that? Diamond Buns? Good luck, Man, that is an amazing accomplishment, and we are all sure that you will complete it!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I wish you all the best on the journey!

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Lee, take care & be safe.

Excellent points Mr Fox brought up, although I'm sure you already know them.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
I will have to say, it will be quite the challenge. After doing an 1K run, waking up to know I had to do it 9 more times would be the hardest thing I can think of.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
The UFN comment was my first thought also, but I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. When they talk about Fast and Furious on the news I will first think of this and not guns....

I'll try to follow along and I'm sure Fossil and Efinref will keep us up on where you are and how you are doing. Guys if he needs any help when he cuts south of me just be sure to let me know.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
The UFN comment was my first thought also, but I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. When they talk about Fast and Furious on the news I will first think of this and not guns....

I'll try to follow along and I'm sure Fossil and Efinref will keep us up on where you are and how you are doing. Guys if he needs any help when he cuts south of me just be sure to let me know.
Got it Mark, that's a great offer. Lee & I have already made plans for just such an occasion. The Ref & I have messaged each other & we have a plan for the Updates.

This is going to be fun.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Phew I am tired just thinking about your ride.Thanks now I need a nap.:D

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will send my texts once a day...my phone will be off to save the battery. I try to keep my stops every 275 to 300 miles to 15 minutes.. I have a cooler nap sack I will fill with ice and water every day..power bars during the day and a meal before hitting the sack.. Mrs. IBALEE bought me a cannon camera very nice pack..a bit pricey..telephoto and a wide angle lense. I also got a new small camera for taking photos on the move...

It is going to be an epic ride or a embarassing failure...:D I am off for the night getting things together..ride safe everyone ...

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
WOW!!! I envy you. I'm just off IH20 between Dallas and Fort Worth. If your in this area and need help of any kind, I'll do what I can. PM me if you want phone numbers or email or whatever.

Take care and ride safe. Randy

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
You are close to me from Mobile, AL to Shreveport, LA. Hollar if you need something.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
We're about 20 miles due north of Dallas up here in Allen. Be happy to offer assistance if needed as well.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just finished packing ..hitting the sack in a few minutes...thank you every one...

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
It Begins!

Got an update from Lee.

He was up and leaving 4:30 MST and so the Journey begins.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Any updates??

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Morning Update

Direct text from Lee - June 22nd 12:45 AM:

Had a good run, will hit Blaine Wa tomorrow. It was 109 on Rt 8 in AZ and it wiped me out, I could not drink enough! It went well.

The Wing rules. Good Night.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.