Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just out riding around town on my new to me 1995 1500, and looked down to see the temp gauge was reading about three fourths of the way to the hot side. Is that too hot? What is ok, and what is not? The temp outside today is in the upper 80's.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Sounds about right to me....

Could you hear your fans on???

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt really check. I have to go out in a bit, and I will check then. I am sure its fine, I just want to make sure, since I am new to the 1500. I had a truck blow up on me one time because it threw a belt, and overheated before I caught it. So now any time a temp gauge reads over half on anything, I get a little edgy.

·
Premium Member
7,561 Posts
My 1500 reads below half at any temp, even at 100, if I am moving on the open road. In town with stop and go traffic it reads over half to about 3/4 and I can hear the fans running only when idling.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
did you check the coolant level

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 1500 reads below half at any temp, even at 100, if I am moving on the open road. In town with stop and go traffic it reads over half to about 3/4 and I can hear the fans running only when idling.
Checked it this afternoon, and this is exactly what mine was reading. It was in the 90's today.

·
Super Moderator
28,505 Posts
Like the other guys have said. Sounds about right. Check the coolant to be as Doc indicated but seems normal.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
well i kept an eye on the temp guage on my ride over to my mom's, a mix of stop and go, expressway, and city traffic and the guage never made it to the halfway point maybe 1/4 to 1/3

·
Super Moderator
11,944 Posts
No, that's way too high. You better just sell me the bike cheap, before it blows up. :D

Just kidding, gauges all read somewhat different, as long as the fans aren't running constantly, I wouldn't worry. I would check the coolant level as suggested.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
might just be time for a flush & fill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.