Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temperature gauge keeps going on and off for some reason and I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem and a solution for it.

The gauge was tested and it works and the cooling fan turns on at the proper time so it must be in the wiring somewhere.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Astor, I'm not much of an authority on this stuff, but I asked one of my mecahnics and he thinks there is a wire shorting out. We both doubt that the sending unit is the culprit or the fan likely wouldn't come on as it does. My guess is there could be a wire rubbed bare somewhere close to the guage or around the steering head, could even be inside the instrument housing too. Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I figured that it's not the sending unit since the fan is working just fine. I made my own 7V voltage regulator where the temp & fuel gauge plugs into and the fuel gauge is working fine so it's time to do some wire chasing from there. That instrument cluster is tank mounted so none of the wires go around the steering head; it's funny that the other day someone asked me where I got the gauges from and I told them that they came off of a '68 Mustang :]

Thanks Bu, and watch out for those road markers :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts