Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
We do that as well, but for longer trips she prefers to be sitting behind me, and the Spyder has more storage. We haven't done any overnighters since the pandemic. Sure will be glad when we can travel again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put a deposit on a 2018 Goldwing Tour, low miles, beautiful bike. Then I read in Goldwing forums about software issues and gremlins that I don't want to tackle as I just want to ride a trouble free bullet proof Goldwing. Is this year a lemon? Did software updates cure the "new model" issues over the past three years. Could use some input by the troops herein assembled with years of experience, thanks.
In 56 years of riding and owning just about every brand made, My 2018 Goldwing is the best motorcycle I have ever owned.

·
Super Moderator
9,794 Posts
Your purchase of a 2018 Honda Tour is smart. There I said it..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buyer beware! Look for something newer. I loved my 2018 for its first 6 months.Then I started hearing engine noise as the odometer hit 3500 miles. Like a couple marbles were bouncing around in the crankcase at certain RPMs (1700 or so, when the transmission was shifting gears.) So I brought it in to the dealer and they changed the oil and told me it sounded like all the other Goldwings, no big deal. By 6000 miles the noise had gotten worse so I brought it back to the dealer. They took the front of the engine apart and found the problem. The left side timing/cam chain was incorrectly installed and was sawing its way through the tensioner and guide rail (I have included some pictures below.) Thankfully the bike didn't fail catastrophically before this defect was found. The bike warranty covered the repair, but I lost my confidence in the machine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
You’ll love it! No issues here!

Reactions: Travler
21 - 28 of 28 Posts