Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently started a podcast called WingCast (only 1 episode so far but more to come) and we're thinking about adding a segment where Fred Harmon answers technical questions submitted by the Gold Wing community. If you think of a question please let us know and it might be featured in a future episode of WingCast.

If you don't already know, Fred is one of the foremost authorities when it comes to the Honda Gold Wing. Riders all over the world look to him for his wealth of knowledge and he has become one of the most respected voices in the Gold Wing community. He is a great resource, in our humble opinion, for anyone interested in DIY maintenance on their Wing.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I agree, Fred is probably one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Goldwings. He has helped me a few times and also listens to people who suggest or find a way to do repairs and forwards this information when needed. He always answers questions and never tells people to just read the manuals.

I have a set of his videos for my 2012 and has come up with a lot of shortcuts for repairs. He has his own shop but does not push people to come to him.
I live in Western PA and wish i could visit him sometime. Just to see how he works on bikes with NO SHOES ON!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Sorry but I think you will find a few people on this board and others that would disagree with you about Fred's knowledge base . And I am one. I did waste my money on his DVDs when I got my 2006 . So no thank you I will trust my knowledge and skills over Fred's any day.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry but I think you will find a few people on this board and others that would disagree with you about Fred's knowledge base . And I am one. I did waste my money on his DVDs when I got my 2006 . So no thank you I will trust my knowledge and skills over Fred's any day.
Personal opinions differ.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Personal opinions differ.
That was not an opine. It was a statement. But please feel free to follow his info even spend money on his hacks. Just don't ask me to help when it doesn't work.
Again not an opine a statement.

·
Super Moderator
28,128 Posts
Obviously there are different takes on a certain subject. No further comments to either approval or disapproval will be warranted or appreciated.

What "Our Sponsor" has offered may have benefit to someone and that is all that matters on this subject.

Thanks Wingstuff for your commitment to all things Goldwing, and I am sure that many here at the GWOF will agree.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have Fred's CDs and enjoyed watching them. I do believe that even Fred says his CDs are not meant to be the gospel if you will. They are a guide to what he does and how he does it. There are even places there where he makes a mistake and has to back up and correct himself on the videos. And Jinx makes a good point. But even he can only guide you on how he does the work and I'm sure that if he is honest he will say that even he had made a mistake and corrected it. I'm a pretty good mechanic in my own right and I know I've made a few mistakes which usually is because I did something out of order or just forgot a step in putting things back together. But I have never made one that caused major problems like forgetting to replace an oil drain plug or plug in a major connector like I know some have done.

·
Vendor
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Obviously there are different takes on a certain subject. No further comments to either approval or disapproval will be warranted or appreciated.

What "Our Sponsor" has offered may have benefit to someone and that is all that matters on this subject.

Thanks Wingstuff for your commitment to all things Goldwing, and I am sure that many here at the GWOF will agree.
We appreciate it Fossil!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts