Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the plug and play adapter so that the light on my spoiler would run and also function as a brake light.
I ran the wires and connected as I was instructed, but the run light isn't working. The brake light still works, but no running light. It's a very simple install, so not much room for errors. Anybody experienced this?

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
No help but I just ordered one and will be interested in your replies!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
emmo. We have on this forum every age and model Goldwing dating back from 1979 to 2012. They may be all Goldwings but they are not wired the same. Identify you're year and model somewhere so the appropriate responder can respond.

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
It sounds like you aren't getting the 12 volts to the lights. I would start by checking to be sure you have voltage at the connector that is supposed to provide the voltage for the run light.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
It sounds like you aren't getting the 12 volts to the lights. I would start by checking to be sure you have voltage at the connector that is supposed to provide the voltage for the run light.
Good point, also, is there a customer service number to call for the brand of harness you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
After verifying power/ ground,I would check the connecters "tightness".Vibrataion and multiple probing with improper technic can cause a no contact situation you cant see..Drag test with an appropriate thickness guage..

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
When I purchased my spoiler from RTE (Road Trip Essentials) I also got the harness to make the spoiler a run/brake light & had the same problem. It ended up being a defective harness & RTE sent me another. To bad they're out of business they were great folks to deal with!!

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts