Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Tatanka went to town tonight.

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Cantankerous 
#1 · (Edited)
For you long-suffering GWOF members who have tolerated my reports on my nu2me '85 Aspencade, including my friend Tom, the news is that I moved both the '85 1200 and the '83 1100 Wings to my shop last night.

My moniker here is Tatanka, the name I've given the '85 1200 Aspencade. It means bull bison in the Lakota (Sioux) language, hence the avatar. He's street legal now and we went to the town of White Bear Lake, Minnesota this evening for some fuel, along with 2 oz./gal. of Seafoam (yeah, kinda strong, but it won't hurt anything either.)

After some proper cleaning I'll post a photo of Himself, changing my avatar from the furry fellow at left to the real thing.

By the way, noticed some misfires from time to time tonight. Generally smooth, but every now and then, usually in low-mid rpm range. I'll let the Seafoam do its job for now, but if it continues after 3-4 tanks of treated fuel, I'll have to look at the plug wires and the rest of the ignition. If I only had Trike Lady's brain!

#4 ·
Good to hear he's on the road. Have you replaced the spark plugs yet?

#6 ·
+1 on the breather tank, some pretty gross stuff can live in there!

#10 ·
Thanks for the well wishes, and thanks for the reminder on the crankcase overflow bottle, Doc. New gapped plugs are already it him. It's the miscellaneous stuff like the over flow bottle, new braided fuel lines, etc. along with some cleaning that will keep some of the plastic off for now.

And, regular riding is essential as you say, Larry. That's why I'm taking him on a 30-mile roundtrip ride to the St. Croix River Valley this afternoon, one of my favorite places to ride in these parts.:D

#13 · (Edited)
Soon, Lawrence. Less than a week retired and you're demanding already? I thought it would take a month anyway!

#14 ·
Ride baby, ride! Machines aren't meant to sit idle, they need exercise just like peeps do.

#15 ·
Every spring when I first take the bike out I always say it needs to stretch its legs.
Usually meaning a spirited ride on a nice county road. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.