Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this item for use with my Garmin Nuvi 40LM. It dosen't work as advertised, the gps thinks it's hooked up to a computer and will not go to the map. If anyone has any ideas around this it would be appreciated. If not than at least I can save you from wasting your time hooking it up as I have.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Just installed this item for use with my Garmin Nuvi 40LM. It dosen't work as advertised, the gps thinks it's hooked up to a computer and will not go to the map. If anyone has any ideas around this it would be appreciated. If not than at least I can save you from wasting your time hooking it up as I have.
I don't know what a Tapp Lite is but you can use a cigarette lighter plug that has a USB port on the end and with a USB cable, you should be able to plug into your cigarette lighter and run the Garmin. Try this: Turn on the Garmin and let it come up and then plug it in to the Tapp Light. Since I don't know anything about the Tapp Light, I may be barking up the wrong tree. Garmin does make a little adapter that goes between the battery and the Garmin. Wish I could help more. Isaac

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what a Tapp Lite is but you can use a cigarette lighter plug that has a USB port on the end and with a USB cable, you should be able to plug into your cigarette lighter and run the Garmin. Try this: Turn on the Garmin and let it come up and then plug it in to the Tapp Light. Since I don't know anything about the Tapp Light, I may be barking up the wrong tree. Garmin does make a little adapter that goes between the battery and the Garmin. Wish I could help more. Isaac
Thanks, I got an answer on the other form. I just need to wait about 90 seconds and it will go to the map. Just glad I got it figured out and didn't waste my time hooking it up. My thought was to not take up the space in my glove box with the lighter plug in there if I didn't have to. I know that sounds anal but I like to put my phone in there to charge when needed, or have the extra room when it dosen't. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
7,557 Posts
Thanks Issac for the tip as this is what I'm looking for too for a power source for my Garmin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts