Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 40th Ed
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
My bike came pre-installed with fog lights... I think these are bike and part fog lights for F6B...
They turn off when high beam is turned on...
I see the switch has 3 wires connected through connector and then the wire goes into relay..... as in picture...
I want to connect LED strip to same fog light source.. which wires should I tap into.... red...green....brown.(fog light).
Led strip has red and black wire...

So when fog light switch is turned on...the led comes on...(at night)..

Hope the pictures help.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tap the red wire from your LED strip into the hot wire to your fog lights when it leaves the relay, not the switch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tap the red wire from your LED strip into the hot wire to your fog lights when it leaves the relay, not the switch.
Thanks...
I posted 1 more picture to the initial post...
The relay is kind of dead end....
5 total wires.... 3 in and I am guessing 2 out...
Red..
Brown...
Black with blue line
And 2 green...
So which one??

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do you have a test light?

Reactions: dsurley

·
Registered
264 Posts
I will see if I can find the pin layout of the relay. You should be able to shove the probe from your circuit tester in the end of the plug and touch the wire. If not, try and pull the plug off the relay just enough so you can get the circuit tester probe in there. Then touch the tabs of the relay without totally disconnecting the relay from the plug.

Most of the time green on a Honda is the ground.

For the other wires, one will be hot going in when the bike power is on.

Another will be hot only when the switch is on. This is what turns the relay on/off when you turn the switch on and off.

The other will be hot going out only when the switch is on. That is the one you want to tap into. Looking at the photo of your switch, I would think it would be the black one with the blue line.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will see if I can find the pin layout of the relay. You should be able to shove the probe from your circuit tester in the end of the plug and touch the wire. If not, try and pull the plug off the relay just enough so you can get the circuit tester probe in there. Then touch the tabs of the relay without totally disconnecting the relay from the plug.

Most of the time green on a Honda is the ground.

For the other wires, one will be hot going in when the bike power is on.

Another will be hot only when the switch is on. This is what turns the relay on/off when you turn the switch on and off.

The other will be hot going out only when the switch is on. That is the one you want to tap into. Looking at the photo of your switch, I would think it would be the black one with the blue line.
Thanks will give it a shot...
If I tap into brown.. and other end of LED to green...
Which component can blow up??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
UPDATE...
I finished the project... figured out the wires.. Thanks, @snowmoer for the suggestion... and everyone else for the help....
so for Relay G52-604 .... red is live and green is ground..

I connected the LED ... red to red and black to green...
and push fog light button and everything lights up.

Quick youtube video as to how it works...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts