Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Motoport mesh kevlar riding suit and just completed a 3 day excursion. when I got back I noticed that there were very fine scratches on either side of the tank. anyone have any suggestions about how to keep the suit from scratching the tank?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've had black marks before from wearing my chaps, but with a little elbow grease, I've been able to buff them away. Not sure how best to remove the fine scratches, but I'm sure someone out there has the answer.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Parrot head
I have used Tankslappers on the GW and on my previous bike. You may see reviews complaining that they come off under water pressure or they are difficult to put on because of trapped air bubbles... Well duh! It is a plastic Removeable film that much like window tint, it must be applied properly or else you'll see trapped air! Don't power wash it, don't rub it with a lot of lateral pressure and you won't have problems. It's affordable and it works but like many things in life it is not perfect.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Both choices that Donald and Fossil said are good alternatives. For the small scratches you have try a product called Quixx, worked wonders for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts