Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking off on June 25th thru July 10th and would like help/recommendations from riders in these areas and in between for places of interest to visit, roads to ride and places to stay. I am riding solo to Denver and picking up my wife in Denver to ride back with me.Might end up in Las Vegas then swing to the Grand Canyon and back up thru Durango. Would welcome recommended sites and places to go please. Forgot to add please give input on places to eat also .Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Be sure to stop in Moab, UT. Arches National Park and there was a good brew pub there a few years ago. The Davis Mountain area of Texas is interesting but will be pretty hot temperatures until late September. If you go through Mississippi and need some help let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crownfire, What is there to do/see in Moab because we could pass thru there on the way to Grand Canyon and back up thru Durango. To us there is nothing better than good food and Micro brewed beer and Colorado is one of the best at both.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Here is the brew pub site in Moab.
http://www.themoabbrewery.com/
I ate there a number of years ago and it was pretty good. The beer was high quality also. If you like natural areas, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks are right there and are spectacular. Not too far from there in Colorado is Mesa Verde National Park which is also pretty interesting. The ride through Monument Valley down to the Grand Canyon from there is also a sight not to miss.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Just my $.02, but Bryce Canyon is a must see as you're in the area anyway, and Zion is worth stopping for too (not far from St George Ut.) if you're headed to or from Vegas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts