Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new bike and a buddy offered me a really good deal for a 1982 GL1100, anyway I am 6'1" tall and wear a 32" pant length and when I sat on the bike my legs were squished up because the pegs were basically under the seat, not much distance between them. Is there a preferred way for riders over 6ft tall to modify the bike so that they sit with close to a 90 degree leg position and still be able to shift comfortably?

Any advice would be appreciated!

It's funny, I felt more squished on the GL1100 than on my '79 CM400

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You may want to have the seat foam modified for a taller rider, allowing you to sit further back and higher up.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Might also look around for a set of driver floor boards, might have to check with some motorcycle salvage yards.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello jscjazz,

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I also have a 32" inseam and know exactly what you mean, my CM400 was a better fit. I have floorboards on my current 1500 and they are an improvement over the stock pegs I had on my previous one.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Welcome along jsc. Might look into highway pegs/boards too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently looking for a new bike and a buddy offered me a really good deal for a 1982 GL1100, anyway I am 6'1" tall and wear a 32" pant length and when I sat on the bike my legs were squished up because the pegs were basically under the seat, not much distance between them. Is there a preferred way for riders over 6ft tall to modify the bike so that they sit with close to a 90 degree leg position and still be able to shift comfortably?

Any advice would be appreciated!

It's funny, I felt more squished on the GL1100 than on my '79 CM400
I bought a 1985 gl1200, and was surprised how cramped the rider position was compared to my 1978 gl1000 with the "oval" seat. The front seat forced me too close to the fairing and my knees were bent less than 90* at the greatest length setting. I removed the seat horn receiver, cut the tabs off, turned it 180* and mounted it on the cross member giving me another inch or so. The side tabs were moved forward so the back hole was secured to the more forward hole, and a lag bolt secured the other hole of the bracket. This bought me about 2.5" of room for no money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.