Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I just realized that another tall rider option hasn't been mentioned here yet - Roadsmith Comfort Controls. They move the pegs and controls forward 3 inches and down an inch. Of course, at $700USD, they're not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another accessory to consider for a tall rider - Kuryakyn mini boards. They replace OEM pegs and have a drop of maybe an inch or so (not exactly sure how much). That helps your knees not to be too bent. Also you can adjust them forward or backward as well as tilt.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thank you! This is awesome I feel like it might also be cheaper then a replacement seat. I will look into it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you! This is awesome I feel like it might also be cheaper then a replacement seat. I will look into it.
I do have an Ultimate King seat that is made for a tall rider, too. However, if you want to try less expensive options first, I would go with Kury mini boards (sub-$100 new) that comes with a drop-down mounts and combine that with Airhawk pillow which will raise you a bit. If you like that setup, you can always get a different seat.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I just realized that another tall rider option hasn't been mentioned here yet - Roadsmith Comfort Controls. They move the pegs and controls forward 3 inches and down an inch. Of course, at $700USD, they're not for the faint of heart.
At that price point wouldn't it be better to get a new taller seat. At least with the new seat you wouldn't be compromising the bikes lean angle? Right or am I not understanding this...Anyways thanks for sharing I will look into it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I do have an Ultimate King seat that is made for a tall rider, too. However, if you want to try less expensive options first, I would go with Kury mini boards (sub-$100 new) that comes with a drop-down mounts and combine that with Airhawk pillow which will raise you a bit. If you like that setup, you can always get a different seat.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing, I look into the mini boards and I don't think they will work. Although the combination with the air hawk pillow might be good. I think I am just going to try and figure something out with John, as crown fire recommended, at about 400$ its a little pricy but might be an overall better fix.

Will update you guys and let everyone know if it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes the Utopia back rest works. I believe he installed it on the seat for me.
Hey quick followup, do you have problems with sliding forward on the seat from bike solutions? So I talked to him and he seems like a very nice guy. I am ready to get the seat and just was wondering if he take cares of the sliding issue.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
At that price point wouldn't it be better to get a new taller seat. At least with the new seat you wouldn't be compromising the bikes lean angle? Right or am I not understanding this...Anyways thanks for sharing I will look into it.
Could be, I can't really say. I'm pretty sure George Henderson had these on his 2 wheel GL1800, but I do think they're probably better suited to a trike. I'm only 5'10" so I don't have the tall folk issues to deal with. Good luck with your adjustments!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Could be, I can't really say. I'm pretty sure George Henderson had these on his 2 wheel GL1800, but I do think they're probably better suited to a trike. I'm only 5'10" so I don't have the tall folk issues to deal with. Good luck with your adjustments!
Thanks, I will update you and let you know what happened.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Hey quick followup, do you have problems with sliding forward on the seat from bike solutions? So I talked to him and he seems like a very nice guy. I am ready to get the seat and just was wondering if he take cares of the sliding issue.
I don't slide forward in the seat at all. I've not had to go back to do anything with this seat since I got it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts