Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start things off, I just wanted to let everyone know that I was really excited about getting my new BMW K1600GTL. We gave that idea up after our demo ride. That is a great bike and the power rocks!!! The peg placement gave my legs cramps and the rear seat just wasnt comfy for long rides for my wife. We were #781 and didn't know when we were going to get our bike? I started looking in to the GW and really like the look of the sliver on the fairing. I surfed the web and found a dealer in MS (Brookhaven-Scotty) that offered a smoken deal on an ABS bike and could have it by the end of June. None of our local dealers in Utah are going to have any in stock so we based our decison off of pictures and GW articles. We just flew out and picked it up on June 29th and rode 2002 miles in 3 days. Yes we did get a little saddle sore but it was a great ride. We found that the saddle bags are very roomy and the seat is very comfortable. The K1600 is a great bike, this is just a better bike for us! Thanks Honda :)

My only wishes at this point for the bike would be:
Bluetooth, warmer seats and Stealth mode.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Welcome to the site from Ontario Canada! I read somewhere that the new Beemers have a lot of expensive maintainance..specifically the air filter replacement, I read that you actually had to remove the fuel tank to get to the filter:eek: The newer wings are no pick-nic,but, not as bad as that!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Welcome from the heartland...

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your decision. Ride safe and enjoy the site..

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
May you never look back with regret. I think you hit it on the head when you said, " this is just a better bike for US ". I enjoy riding solo but this bike was made for two ; and with a few add on's you can easily raise your comfort level. The rear seat is already done for us. You already live in an enviable state to ride in so go now and re-discover it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the site from Ontario Canada! I read somewhere that the new Beemers have a lot of expensive maintainance..specifically the air filter replacement, I read that you actually had to remove the fuel tank to get to the filter:eek: The newer wings are no pick-nic,but, not as bad as that!!
So's a Wings air filter:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello beemerguy, welcome to GWOF. i test rode the new 1600 gtl bmw and a 2010 wing a few weeks agoand agree with you and i also found the handlebars to close for good leverage. i totally forgot about the footpegs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I/we are looking forward to keeping up with everyones rides and information about their GW's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Took the K1600GTL for a demo ride at Americade and found the bike to be fast, handled like a slot car, technologically state of the art and uncomfortable two-up. Wife didn't like the seating position although the suspension worked great having been set in the correct mode by the rep. Took out a new Goldwing the same day and had a game changing experience. Not my first time riding a 'Wing but her first and she loved it. Now strongly considering selling my 2007 Ultra Classic and getting on a Goldwing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts