Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aired my rear shocks up all the way on my 82 interstate and it still hits speed bumps and entrances with my wife and myself on it. It does ok when it is just me but with both of us it even hits the exhaust pipe in turns. I have checked and the shocks are holding air. Any suggestions besides weight watchers.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
progressive suspension springs and shocks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are your tires pumped up for max load as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
are those better than the air shocks that come on the wing?
Ihad the same problem with my 1982 GL1100A and forund out you can put heavier wieght oil in the rear shocks and maintain the air ride.
it seems that at the factory when new the oil they used had a history of breaking down after a few years and then it hold the bypass valves in the shocks open I took mine off and carefully removed the rubber boot (spray it down with something to make more plyable if hard and stiff) then the snaprings and replace the seals ( around $30.00 new from honda but cheaper online?) clean all the old oil out and the dampener must be clean also. refill with the new oil to the manufactor amount have got this but not in frount of me at moment you will be amazed how much the ride changes for around $50.00 total.
P.S. IT IS A LITTLE BIT OF A JOB GETTING THE BOOTS BACK ON RIGHT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts