Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to word this, so hopefully you can understand what I am getting at. My book tells me to run from 0-6 pounds in the front, and 28-57 npounds in the rear. My question is, on the graph on the bike, it has the 9 different boxes going up and down. The bottom box has 0-6, the next box has 6-11 pounds, and so on. Ok, lets say I want to set the pressure in the front at 4 pounds. How do I know when I have it set at 4 pounds, and not 2, 3, or 5 pounds?

Question #2, I am assuming that the compresser on my bike only holds so much air. When that air is gone, how do I fill it back up? I know this is probably a no braainer question, but I just want to be sure before I do something stupid.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i am running 0 pressure in the forks on the 1200 wing as for the rear just ride it and adjust it until its firm enough for you. an air compressor runs out of air when it stops working there is no air tank you are cornfusing the two

·
Banned
3,192 Posts
Mine stores the air in the tires. I know this because the air pressure goes down every once in awhile in them and I have to fill them back up.

I just wish they would make these things automatic. You would think they could engineer something better than that.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
What year and model have you got BigDaddy? There should be a switch for front/rear on the compressor control. If there are no gradations on the bar graph, 4 psa is 2/3 of six, so run the compressor switched to the front until the graph reads about 2/3 on the low section. I think there is a schrader valve on the fork as well so you can maybe put a guage on it to tell more accurately. Just remember the forks hold very little volume so every touch on the valve is going to release a bit of air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts