Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at used Goldwings and it seems like there is limited selection in the North East with higher prices and a lot more bikes available in the southern part of the USA.

I am not adverse to flying someplace to pick up a bike but I am interested in suggestions on getting as much information on a bike before flying someplace to pick it up.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
link

Thanks for the link to Southern Honda. I can see if I want to purchase a new Goldwing they have some good prices.

It definately gets me thinking twice about buying used.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Southern Honda is a volume dealer, they don't just have one Goldwing on display they have a lot of them for you to choose from and if the one you want isn't on the floor its probably in a crate.

·
Premium Member
23,765 Posts
Here in Virginia we have Shenandoah Honda, about 40 miles west of Dulles International Airport outside Washington D.C. They usually have 08's 09's and 10's on the floor. Give them a call. If you find something you like and you can get to Dulles Airport I'll get you to Shenandoah Honda, in Winchester VA. http://www.shenandoahhonda.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanks for all the help. I have been checking out Craiglook and cycle trader. That is where I noticed that there were not a lot of bikes for sale in the Northeast versus the south. And also it seemed like the prices were lower down south. I would also assume that the bikes down south are probably cleaner. I am new to Goldwings so maybe this is all my imagination! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I would also assume that the bikes down south are probably cleaner. I am new to Goldwings so maybe this is all my imagination! :)
There are not a lot of Goldwings that are cleaner than mine and I'm up North....LOL..

The reason for more bikes down south is the riding season is longer and more dealers willing to deal because of competition. There are a lot of good used Wings up north and they probably have less miles and are better cared for. JMHO.. Ride safe and I hope you find your Wing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
take you time shopping. The right one is out there waiting for you..remember with this economic downturn the deals are there if you are willing to look.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Are you looking new or used ?? Absolute Motorsports in Gorham NH has plenty of 2010's. They're advertising them for 19999.00 out the door.......Good people to deal with..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What am I missing?

I have been checking out some of the sites that the members have been recommending but why can I not find Goldwings. I look under street bikes and there is no Goldwings listed. I know it is simple but I am missing something.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
I have been checking out some of the sites that the members have been recommending but why can I not find Goldwings. I look under street bikes and there is no Goldwings listed. I know it is simple but I am missing something.
Do they have a "touring" category? Try looking there..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
What year wing are you looking for. There are some 07's and 08's out there around Texas for about $15,000, great deal if your in the buying market. Also check the FOR SALE section of the GL1800riders.com board

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
As for your search, maybe try 'touring bikes'?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
found them

Thanks for the help. I finally found Goldwings on the sites.

Some of these shops have new 08's available with Nav and ABS for a good price. Looking for opinions on purchasing a new 08 versus a 09 or 10. Luckily I have a daily rider (VTX1300R) so I am not in any major hurry. This way I can educate myself and make the best decision when the time comes.

I have also arranged for a Demo ride again this weekend but will bring my wife this time. I ride about 5,000 miles a hear and she is probably with me for 1/2 the miles so it is also important that whe is comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Good idea on the demo ride with your wife. Important for the passenger be happy and comfortable. Hope you find your Wing. Ride safe..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts