Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hello,
I need everyone's opinion on this trike setup.

http://supertrike.net/
I think that is a foolish idea! That is nothing more than a slot cut in a small utility trailer. Why someone would risk this, especially on a capable machine like the Goldwing is beyond me.
There are cheap trike alteratives such as "Instatrike" that are not that expensive but are much more stable and are designed specifically for the bike.
But even the instatrike is nothing more than "training wheels" and I would never in a million years attempt highway speeds or riding a twisty road with it. But hey, that's just me. If I want a trike, i'll buy a real one and if I can't afford a real one? Then I don't need one.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well kds, you asked so...here's my take. It 'looks' fairly functional; but it looks a bit crude to me. As for handling characteristics, I doubt it's on par with what else is available. CSC and Lehmann and Motor-trike etc have all been manufacturing "proven" design for a long time now. I've seen the other type of 'convertible' trike set-ups, and wouldn't go there either. The utility factor of the Super(?)trike has some appeal, but then so does my Sierra 2500. A decent cargo trailer might do as good a job for carrying things, even ladders. Pictures seldom do anything justice, but build quality looks a bit er, suspect...especially that pic of the painted plywood.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
That certainly would not be my choice for a trike. Basically what you have is a motorcycle with training wheels. I can't believe handling would be anything near acceptable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are you after a trike or a tractor
There's no way i would have that. Like the others have said there are better alternatives.
And thats my 2 cents worth ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Positive comment- the blue and white paint job is nice. Negitive- it is just plumb UGLY with trailer type rearend. Maybe put some covering on it like a body to cover the trailer appearance.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ummmmmmmmmm They should call it Red Neck Trike .com!!!!!!! Ridiculous!! Hey what a concept I can build a fishin shanty around my Wing!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Pass on it, it looks like a homemade contraption. If you want an 'Outrigger' wheel set up, look into the towpac instatrike, voyager or trigg trike. If you really want to turn a Wing (GL1000 to 1500) into a trike look into the Triwing conversion.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
When the time comes I will ask you Trike lady as you seem to be very good with trikes!!

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
When the time comes I will ask you Trike lady as you seem to be very good with trikes!!
Yours would be easy, use a Triwing kit, as it has trunk space.
Converted a Sportster to a trike for a lady with many medical problems, as she didn't want to quit riding. It's just a basic trike, nothing fancy.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Why not just buy a pickup truck and cut the top off??? :eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Trike ?

I too like the blue/white one but no way would I ever subject my good looking wings to something that ugly!!. And I dont know how long the C-clamps are going to work out HAHA. Hal

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
ummmmmmmmmm They should call it Red Neck Trike .com!!!!!!! Ridiculous!! Hey what a concept I can build a fishin shanty around my Wing!!!
Hey wait a doggone zippidy do da minute there now...Even a true Red Neck wouldn't drive that thing. Don't ask me how I know...:D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
LMAO that is coming from a Northern Red Neck !!!!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
What is a red neck: Someone riding in the sun too long?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
What is a red neck: Someone riding in the sun too long?
:D Well sir, remember about 4 or 5 days ago we were talking about Chinese Tires? You made a comment about them being like Swine Based Comstibles, remember that? I asked what in the deuce that was and your reply and several others was "Well, everybody knows what Swing Based Comstibles" are." Since I never was told what they are, I can only say, " Well, everybody knows what a red neck is." Touche:D

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Dreamweaver: Don't trust your memory because I didn't know what a [swine based comestible] was and sat back and let it all unfold. I only said that I hadn't received anything about the Chinese tires. I can tell from your other post that you are a reasonable southern USA mate and mates always help each other out even if they are a self proclaimed red neck. We don't have red necks here and my understanding of a red neck maybe a bit harsh from my perception and so I thought I would ask and get a native USA's perception. Eric

1 - 20 of 23 Posts