Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super brace?

14K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  2003 GL1800 POLICE 
#1 ·
Has anyone had experience with a Superbrace? (Rivco part # SB2318)

Apparently they claim to do the following:

Reduce low and high speed wobbles.

Improve stability in tight cornering.

Improve tire life and reduces cupping.

Decrease sensitivity to rough road surfaces and rain grooves.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Had one put on my 98 1500 and it did help with frontend wobble. Worked as advertised.

#7 ·
Another satisfied customer.

Just put one on my 1500. I didn't have any problems with wobble at speed before, but what I did have, and has now completely gone away was a real unstable insecure feeling when coming to a stop.

That has now completely gone. I guess the forks were bending slightly under the load of the brakes, and now the brace has stopped that.

I bought the brace to improve things when cornering and it's done that as well, but if it had just fixed the low speed stuff and nothing else, it would have been well worth it.

Just buy one.

Charlie

#9 ·
Assuming the trike still has the stock tree, I would think it would do for a trike what it does for 2 wheels. If the tree has been replaced it may already have something built into it to strengthen the front end.

#18 ·
Again another old post. I would assume that you have already made your decision, but to anyone else still considering a brace.

1. Fork braces are fine. The superbrace two piece affair isn't adjustable and can put lateral force on your forks that can effect their operation. Increasing sliction by misalignment will also cause earlier fork bushing failure, seal leakage and a stiffer ride.

2. Adjustable fork braces are made by Kuryakyn and Traxxion.

#19 ·
Joey, if you are referring to the Superbrace it is a direct bolt on replacement for the OEM brace (you have a 1200 right?). I put one on mine when the stock one developed some bad wear and what a huge difference it was. A few turns with an allen wrench and done like dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.