Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked one up and had my mechanic install it along with some other work I felt more comfortable outsourcing. I've got a trike kit on my GL1500, so any imrpovement in steering would be noticable. The bike seems a easier to steer; perhaps it's because the front-end feels a little tighter - more like a single unit, which means I don't have to overcome whatever forces were at work prior to the installation of the Superbrace. It's still not power-steering, but for $55, it's a marked improvement.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Isn't there a modifaction for the forks to change the angle to make the trikes easier to steer.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
They do have raked triple trees for trikes, but they are not recommended for motorcycles that use add on kits. If you plan to leave the voyager on full time then I would say add one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't there a modifaction for the forks to change the angle to make the trikes easier to steer.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron
Definitely asgree w/trike lady. also, the rake kits run about $700-$1000 not installed

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's been nearly a week now with the super brace with a good mix of in-town riding and interstate riding over good roads and bad. The SB seems to function just fine and does make my trike-like easier to steer; that is, I don't have to put quite as much elbow grease into maneuvering it. It's not power steering by a long shot as I'd probably need a raked front-end for that, but it has reduced the amount of energy I need to expend - maybe by 25%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts