Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed the superbrace fork brace on the 1500? I ordered one but have not received it yet. I was just wondering about installing it myself. Are there bolts that fall out when the fender bolts are removed? That kind of stuff always gets me - losing something.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Snoop, piece of cake. I installed one on mine in about 20 minutes start to finish, just follow the instructions. They send you two dummy bolts that you put in & than take the rest of your bolts out to prevent the fender support from falling. You will be suprised at how much of a difference that the brace makes, mostly at low speed maneuvering. I would not be without one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it should be here today & I'm going to install it tonight. I've heard it makes a big difference. Like changing lanes and that little raised section in the middle of the road. Mine always wobbles when I go over it. It just doesn't feel good.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Had one on my 98 GL1500 SE. It seemed to "tighten" up the front end. I think it was worth the small investment.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the brace on the other night - real easy & it really helped the handling I think.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I made my own ! Didn't want to give these mark up gals a dime so I made my own. $78 for a pc. of aluminum 1/2 X 8 X 84 and it looks a lot better than a Chinese casted crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts