Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 1984 Golwing to the local Honda shop to have a new front tire put on.They somehow managed to break my fork brace, so I need a new one.Thinking about getting the Superbrace chrome fork brace from wingstuff.com but it seems a little pricey at 109.95.But I guess if good for my tires and it looks nice I can live with it and will upgrade to VIP to save a little.

Do any fellow wingers have a opinion on these superbraces? Maybe you know of one that is better value.I would be very much interested in your feedback.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I had one on my 98 GL1500 and noticed a difference at slow speed (aka.. parking lot) maneuvers. I never had a big problem with the dreaded "wobble", so I don't know if it made any difference at highway speeds. Mine was not the chrome model.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The shop that installed your tires have to pay for the brace they broke, no need to spend the money to join the VIP club unless you plan on buying a lot more stuff for your bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop that installed your tires have to pay for the brace they broke, no need to spend the money to join the VIP club unless you plan on buying a lot more stuff for your bike.
Hi Joe,
This local Honda Dealer does not stand behind anything.They said it was cracked;I know it wasn;t.I will drive to go elsewhere next time.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Donald, there has to be a way for you to register a complaint with Honda about this kind of treatment. I would talk to another dealer (your dealer is going to side-step this for sure) in the area (sales mgr or general mgr is your best contact person) and ask if the DSM for your region is receptive to customer input. He/she should be as they are the link between the dealership and the parent company. If the DSM does his job he should be VERY concerned about a dealer treating a Honda client this way. If I was a US dealer, I'd gladly do it for you, bur Honda Canada is a separate entity. Big Red might be an ultra conservative mind, but they take customer satisfaction real seriously. A very good place to talk to Honda reps directly is at a motorcycle show; the reps are there in full force and love to talk to people in that venue. Even if you don't get compensation for your brace, you can bet that there will be some discussion with the dealer about proper ethical treatment of customers (should be a proper a$$ rippin' if you get my drift)
Daryl

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one and love it. Day and night. Would never ride without one. But I've also heard people say they didn't notice any kind of difference whatsoever. I love em. Just my .02 :)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
What kind of a job is it to put one of those things on.....is it a do it yourself project ??

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

I am *NOT* a lawyer, but I believe that the legal principal involved is pretty simple - if they didn't notice and notify you the part was broken before they started the work then it wasn't broken by definition and they are responsible.

Raise hell! Call the BBB. Does a local TV station have a consumer desk? Lot's of them do and will help. And, if they are a Honda authorized shop absolutely contact the Honda Regional office.

Good Luck!

Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts