Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the superbrace on my front end a little over 4,000 miles ago and it is by far one of the best investments I have ever put on one of my scooters...my wing is a 2010 with ABS/GPS---it does not have the air bag

You could immediatley tell the difference after the installation...this is a great device and bolts right on in 30 minutes...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Can you explain just what that gizmo does to improve the 'Wing?? I have always wondered, when I had my Harley, I put one on it and felt no improvement or anything...????
Thanks...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I installed the brace on my 1992 and 97 wings. Total waste of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front end twitching

I had a front end problem---almost like a wobble---not sure what the correct word to use to describe it, I call it a twitching....I ride over a 1,000 miles every week no matter what the weather may be...

I installed the superbrace---I love it
I now run 3lbs extra air pressure in front/rear tires
I am upgrading to a better aftermarket front wheel bearing

I run a lot of extreme back roads siteseeing trips, and I want full control of whatever is under me...

Go to there website and watch there video clip

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
It can hurt. When my wife leaves me I'm going to get the Progressive springs and the SuperBrace. According to her, the ride from her seat is fine.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Can't speak for the 1800's, but I had the Superbrace on my 1200 and it was remarkable. Every owner I talk to with one on a 1500 swears by them.

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
To elaborate a little on what the Maestro said. The idea is as the bike's forks move left to right they flex a bit. The Superbrace adds the stability by connecting them together at the mid point. I have one on my 1500 & it works the best in low speed manuevering in my mind. A friend of mine commented how he felt it helped him hold his line thru turns better. There are many different takes I imagine. They are relatively inexpensive for the 1500's but the other size Wings are a bit costly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looking at their website, it says it stops left to right [?] movement and axle flex. Axle flex? Only if you only have one bearing in the middle of the front axle you might have axle flex. And the top of the shock slider is where you mount this cross brace, and that is 2 1/2 inches from the lower triple tree brace. Now I am not an engineer, but I just don't see it doing much. Maybe if it was in the middle of the shock slider it might have a little effect......but if some feel it helps, that's great.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
HMMMM, must not have been the same video I saw. Shows very well how it works. The geometry of a motorcycle in no way is explainable even to an engineer. They have a mind of their own and can do things that are totaly not understandable.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Engineers live in a different world than us lay-folk GL1800Police. No offense intended to any slide-rule junkies out there, they just think on a way different plain than we do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts