Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2010, 1800, with 25000 km (15000 miles) that I bought new. From day one I feel there is a slight wobble at slow speeds that I never had in other bikes. I have heard that a wobble can be experienced when decelerating but I don't have that feeling.I told the mechanic at the dealer when I first bought it and he said there is no problem. I have had another mechanic ride it too and has he says it rides normally. I have already changed the tires twice (one set didn't last long as the rear got cut in a construction zone) so I know it is not tires.
I assume this is a common feel for this motorcycle and am now thinking about trying the super brace. No one near me has used it but one rider likes the new wheel balancers and says there is a noticeable difference. He also has progressive shocks.
So I am asking for some feedback on this issue and whether I should purchase the super brace to tighten the front end or is it a waste of money.
Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I added the Centramatic balancers when I put on my second set of tires on my 2010. They smoothed out the ride really well and I think they made the second set last a lot longer. But I didn’t have any issues before with any kind of wobble.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Its only my experience but I had a similar problem with my 1500 and I added the Super Brace which really changed how the front end responded than I added Dyna Beads in the tires and the balancing problem didn't come back even at 100 mph...Oops forgot I'm a double darksider, that is a car tire in the back and a rear tire on the front spun around backwards...Look it up http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/ ...then look up Dyna Beads. Hope this helps your problem worked for me and what I want from my motorcycling experience and I ride alot...Craig

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
I added the Centramatic balancers when I put on my second set of tires on my 2010. They smoothed out the ride really well and I think they made the second set last a lot longer. But I didn’t have any issues before with any kind of wobble.
I second that ;)

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
I third that on a 1500. Put a superbrace on 10 days ago, world of difference at slow speed, putting in progressive springs today. Already had dyna beads in.

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
This issue has been widely discussed on here and the ONLY known cure is the All Ball Steel Bearings for the steering head. This is what Honda does after the warrenty expires on the 1800's. After spending the money to try everybodys advice on CURES for this I installed the steering bearings myself and CURED ALL THE WOBBLE!!!!! http://wingstuff.com/products/21578-all-balls-gold-wing-steering-bearings?sitesync=done
I Agree. All Balls seem to be the only definitive cure. Pretty much everyone who has installed the bearings has cured the problem. Other "cures" have included fork brace, car tires, stronger fork springs, heavier fork oil, different tires, more air pressure, sprinkle pixie dust on the bike, and more. None of these CONSISTENTLY make the wiggle go away. The All Balls does.

=Dave=
olddogmoto.com

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
The Super Brace is " designed " ( note the quotes ) for low speed maneuvers. I don't currently have it, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. Wheel balancers ( Centramatics: http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail.php?pid=206&sitesync=done? ) are great for on the go. The most common reason for " wobble " is the front tire wear. At slower speeds this will be exaggerated.
I installed the Super Brace and it stopped the forks from twisting/flexing when I was doing low speed turns like making a right turn into a parking spot or making a left turn after stopping at a stop sign. It took the flex away.

Saturday I had the Centramatic Balancers installed and I can't believe how smooth my 2008 now rides. I have Bridgestone tires and no cupping before adding the balancers. I bought the bike with 27K miles on the clock in 2015 when I retired. I now have 51K on the clock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.