Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of gloves do ya'll were in the summer?
In a safety class last year they said to wear full fingered gloves because a half fingered glove could get caught on something if you go down.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
i have been wearing tourmaster intake air gloves for the past couple years. i got my nephew dewey some icon 49er gloves and he likes them

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Tourmaster summer elite 2....Best summer glove I have tried

·
Registered
752 Posts
I use fingerless gloves pretty much year round. I wasnt aware of these type of gloves causing problems in a crash.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I used to wear fingerless gloves in the summer as well but I was on a flight recently and sat next to a woman whose husband rode a Harley, she said that he had an accident recently where a large dog ran out in front of him, he hit the dog and went over the bars. He was wearing a helmet, jacket etc so he actually came out of it without much damage, she said that the only thing that was bad is that he had on fingerless gloves and the ends of his fingers were just bloody and it caused him more pain than anything else had in his life until they healed (road rash). She told me to NEVER wear fingerless gloves. When I got back from that trip I went to Cycle Gear and bought some full finger mesh gloves with knuckle armor for summer riding. So far I like them very much and my hands should be protected if there is an accident.

·
Administrator
25,936 Posts
I wear my trusty old Hein Garrick gauntlets about 80 % of the season, but I have a couple pairs of sport gloves for the hot weather, just don't ask me what brand they are, but they're vented and armored:rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gloves and More Gloves

I use fingerless gloves pretty much year round. I wasnt aware of these type of gloves causing problems in a crash.
Fingerless gloves aren't a problem...unless your bike goes rubber up and the road gives you a manicure :D

When I'm on the road I have about 4 different types of gloves on the bike: summer riding gloves (made in Pakistan unknow brand) that look more like car driving gloves (the top of each glove is perforated with small holes to allow for air flow, but the palms and fingers are leather with a Velcro fastener; a back-up pair of Tourmaster gloves that are cloth on top with leather palms; Tourmaster Gauntlets for cold weather riding; and water-proof gloves for those rainy days.:)

I've even bought the "orange" over-gloves sold by Aerostich for rainy weather. However, IMHO, all gloves will eventually leak in heavy rain.:D

In really bad weather I've worn all the gloves at different times of the day to keep dry and warm. At night I use the Motel's hair dryer to dry out my gloves and, sometimes, even my boots.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I don't recall the name of them, but for summer riding they are a light weight leather with a Kevlar lining.

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
Being a bit of a C.B. (Cheap Bugger) I used the leather work gloves from the local hardware store in the summer. Been down once, thank goodness for my helmet, leather jacket, boots and leather glove. All of them got a lot of road rash. My jeans wore through on the right hip and out side of the right knee, ouch. Now wear chaps also. Cover anything you don't want harmed.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
well today i got a chance to try an icon 49er glove ( and i do mean glove ) for myself. my trusty tourmaster gloves are in the trunk of the 1500 wing but my buddy was at a funeral today so i couldn't get my gloves. looknig in the trunk of the 1200 wing i found deweys old left hand 49er glove and my old no name right hand mesh glove, the left one fell apart after two years an dewey lost his right 49er glove when he wrecked early last summer. the gauntlet on the 49er glove is short but other than that it was a nice glove to wear at 62f

·
Registered
507 Posts
Recently got a pair of the Icon twenty-niner, so far like them for warm riding.

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
Recently got a pair of the Icon twenty-niner, so far like them for warm riding.
you are right thats an icon 29er glove i used today sorry for saying they were 49er gloves but whacker is right (this time :) ) they are 29er gloves

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I use Olympia vented and armored summer weight gloves.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Tourmaster summer elite 2....Best summer glove I have tried
An added thought about Summer time gloves....The gloves I use offer some protection with padded knuckles. I have tried them more protective but find them tiring to my hands. Any type of long distance riding gets tough with the bulkier gloves. Just a thought from someone with little to offer:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered the Tourmaster's yesterday, also bought the tunnel fillers and the Baker leg vents. Bought them from Wingstuff should be here early next week.
Thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
23,794 Posts
I ordered the Tourmaster's yesterday, also bought the tunnel fillers and the Baker leg vents. Bought them from Wingstuff should be here early next week.
Thanks for all the info.
+1 on the tunnel fillers, Bob. They have kept my speaker cavity area clean. Little quieter ride also. I'm about due for another pair.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I wear an old pair of plain leather gloves. Don't know who made them, but I do know when it rains my hands turn black. Maybe I should look into a new and better pair..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts