Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The start to the USA trip has been a Hoot. The first ride was from Sumas to Winthrop (see not all trips start from Adelaide).
I am sure that there are some that would like to hear what my first impressions.
1/ There are cars getting around with no driver just a passenger.
2/ You guys have the friendliest motorcyclist. By the time I got back to Sumas my waveing hand was worn out.
3/ Ron and Betty have been a real Hoot. We have had early starts and late night. But I can't keep up with them.
4/ What a great road trip it is to Winthrop. If you have never done it do yourself a favor and do a ride through there.
Well now we have a phone and the internet working.
Ok a couple of photo to show that it happened.
Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Glad you guys are having a good time and No. 1. is funny. Wondered how that would work for ya. Have fun rascal...:D Isaac

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Tomorrow morning early we start our trip to Kalispell.
I have to tell you easties you are in for a treat having The Hoon and Lady Vanessa to hang out with for a few days. It is going to be a fun time for you all.
We are going to miss them when we turn them lose.:(
Ron

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Well I only hope you both get your fill of majestic mountain scenery. Once past the Rockies it's all downhill.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Well I only hope you both get your fill of majestic mountain scenery. Once past the Rockies it's all downhill.
Yes, but the lights in Frackvegas are like no other:)

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Lee you'd had better be on your Best Behavior, Lady Vanessa is Armed with the Death Stair, it will chill you to the bone.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Eric this a great start to your trip. Hopefully you & Vanessa will continue to have plenty of good times.

We out here in the East will be patient & await your arrival.

I can only say that jaNICE & I will try our best to be equally great sponsors as Ron & Betty have been, although I'm quite sure that will be a giant task.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Eric & Vanessa...I'm glad you're having a good time....take lots of pictures.....looking back after your vacation sometimes can be just as fun as the vacation itself!

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leaving Sumas

Hi All, Vanessa here for Eric again. This morning he woke me just after 4 am saying "I am so excited I am just like a little boy with a new toy!" Then he went out to say good morning to Ron and greeted him with the happy dance. We have had dinner, I was emailing the children and he just fell asleep!
The scenery today was totally awesome, majestic... again ran out of superlatives..
And did someone say take some photos? Today I took soo many on my big camera, I flattened the battery just before we got to the Dry Falls... so had to, again, use Eric's point and shoot AND flattened those batteries too! I am about to upload both SD cards so Eric may be able to post a few in the morning before we leave.
I think I will file both cards and format new ones... They are toooo precious to loose somehow.
EVERYONE we have met so far has been so lovely and friendly.. and you know guys.... when they get together to talk motorbikes there are no barriers at all.
Ron and Betty are super Aclass people. so full of fun and laughs and soooo hospitable. We are so very bessed to have met them and privileged to share their hospitality.
Fossil, We know we are going to feel our time in PA was tooo brief, unfortunately someone has to work so we can do this again... (that someone is not me ) WE are looking forward to meeting all from the NE and will value friendships made and memeories to treasure. We appreciate the efforts you and JaNICE are going to help make this trip memorable from the start to the end.
We are so glad to be doing this.... made possible by those on this forum.... so thankyou all... okay soppiness over... Goodnight! ERic said he'll try to email in the morning.

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Thanks for the update Vanessa, we will await your visuals.:D

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Nice pics, especially the one of the glacier lake. Look forward to reading more updates as they come.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howdy y'all, I am getting my lingo up to local standards. We are just having a ball and loving every minute of this trip. I have being having a couple of internet problem but I am here to give a small up date.
I will let the photos do the talking. A couple of photos to Spokane
Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spokane to Kalispell

Boy are we having fun. We had a little side trip which was just fantastic and saw our first moose. Sorry I don't have a lot of time to give a full story. I have being burning the candle both ends. But just to show it did happen, some more photos. The Hoon meets the Spokane Duo. Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Hi Eric and Vanessa! Glad to see that you're having a good time here and seeing some fine sites in the West, where the most dramatic topography is. Thanks for sharing your trip photos so timely.

Now, Chopin, the East is very nice, too. Older, shorter mountains but still cool. I presume that a trip through all or part of the Shenandoah Valley is in the plan? Some Blue Ridge Parkway? River roads and Allegheny Mountains in PA? Y'all will show them a good time, I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Thanks Eric and Vanessa for our pictures and trip updates. I know it's challenging to do in real time when everyday is probably so exhausting. I figure with the brevity of your reports that this must be the case. Having just come off a 26 day/6000 mile trip I know in part what you're going through except I was in a cage which is far less taxing.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Around Flathead Lake

I am sorry about the photos but for some reason just photos of a few shot woll load on here. So for now it will just have to have a report.
Today was just anouther top day spent with friends. It was a day spent with each other from breakfast to late at night.
I promisted a BQ breakfast and started at 7 and finished at 8:30. It was a good time spent around th BQ.
Budoka and his loverly wife went white water rafting. There was no way I was going with them.
The rest of the crew went for a fun filled day around Lake Flathead. The boys went to a car show and the girls went to their shops and we all had a great time.
Dinner was spent around the BQ and you will just have to beleive me there was so many laughs that my tummy hurt from laughter.
I am going to have a couple of hard 'see you later moments', which is a good thing in away because it show what we mean to each other. It will not make it any easier knowing this. Until I catch up again, stay safe. Eric

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Eric and Vanessa your making friends for a lifetime that distance can't separate or erase. Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
I know you are having a great time and look forward to more pictures! The northwest is a great part of the country but you have more to look forward to.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts