Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally, after riding for a while and stopping at a light, once it's green and off I go, I get a sharp, cramp like pain deep in my hip socket....straightening it out is the only thing that resolves it...I have to quickly shift up to 5th and then let my leg get real straight...any ideas?....love the 1500......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep, I had that happen a couple of times and it hurts,feels like the hip is slipping out of joint Stretching the leg down and straight usually fixes it. Not to concerned about it since it only happens now and then not frequently.Could be caused by having the leg bent up for awhile on the pegs.I use the hwy pegs and stretch out whenever I can,
it does'nt seem to happen then.I rest my heels on the hwy pegs because the pegs arn't
far enough forward to put your feet on them without bending the knees again.

·
Super Moderator
10,006 Posts
Been there, done that and got the tee shirt.. I thought I was the only one that had that happen. I thought it was from old age.. LOL... Ride safe.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Been there - had that - went away after back surgery (sorry guys) - was gone for a long time until I started having back problems again.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
This was not multiple choice question ! My right side gets the deep hip ache. I was looking for a pattern here !!!!!!!!!! Ok. When you stop, do you favor your left or right foot ?

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
As the brake pedal is always on the right side there is a natural tendency to place the left landing gear down first. If I had to have a choice between the right and the left side strength, I would take the left side, even though I'm right handed. Do you know why Catholic's were taught to write with the " right hand " ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
darn, we are a mess huh? My right hip does the exact same thing, but guys I'm 69, so I'm allowed to hurt once in a while. wont stop riding though.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
At about 12:30 this afternoon this thread had a handful of posts. I have two questions for you guys. 1- What the @%& happened? & 2- Am I the only young guy here?:D You all seem like your ready for the pasture.

·
Super Moderator
10,006 Posts
Hey Fossil, your no spring chicken... I saw you trying to swing that leg over the Wing the other day... LOL.. We're not old, just have some "aches and pains"... When you on a Wing you feel like a kid..

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Guys, sounds like the problem ya'll have is called sciatica. Happens to us "old Farts" and a heck of a lot of the younger ones to. What happens is the ole vertebrae (spine) especially the lower Lumber began to deteriorate and develope arthritis. This causes the spine to "mash" on the nerves thereby causing pain that runs down the butt to the back of the knee and sometimes to the foot. Best just to deal with it and take some pain meds or have injections in the back about every 3 months. Anyway...welcome to aging! Like someone earlier said...when you get on a "Wing" you feel young again!
Take your wallet out of your back pocket Gentlemen,this post just reminded me about the causes of pressure on the Siatic Nerve when the spine is tilted. All professional truck drivers and Equipment operators know this.Its the most common cause of lower back problems which extend down through the nerves in your legs.
I survived 35 years of operating equipment and driving trucks.
If it were'nt for knowing this I would'nt have lasted without a
major problem in my back.Ask a doctor if you need to about tilting
your spine sitting on a wallet in your back pocket.

-Robert-

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Okay so let's get some things straight. I hear what Robert says & it makes perfect sense except I never have enough in my wallet for it to be big.:D

Hey Fossil, your no spring chicken... I saw you trying to swing that leg over the Wing the other day... LOL..
Yeah Yeah Yeah. I don't need you to tell me. I'm just trying to convince myself. You know I've got 9,000 miles coming up & you guys are talking about getting sore after a little riding. At that rate I'll have meds going in through an I.V. drip (get a visual).

And Finally what's with that avatar & the hardtail?

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Old habits are hard to die, but I'm going to try a compromise to " bstar's " advise. Starting today I'm making a conscious effort to use the rear left pocket for my wallet. Worse case is I can balance out the effects.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.