Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally, after riding for a while and stopping at a light, once it's green and off I go, I get a sharp, cramp like pain deep in my hip socket....straightening it out is the only thing that resolves it...I have to quickly shift up to 5th and then let my leg get real straight...any ideas?....love the 1500......

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep, I had that happen a couple of times and it hurts,feels like the hip is slipping out of joint Stretching the leg down and straight usually fixes it. Not to concerned about it since it only happens now and then not frequently.Could be caused by having the leg bent up for awhile on the pegs.I use the hwy pegs and stretch out whenever I can,
it does'nt seem to happen then.I rest my heels on the hwy pegs because the pegs arn't
far enough forward to put your feet on them without bending the knees again.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Been there, done that and got the tee shirt.. I thought I was the only one that had that happen. I thought it was from old age.. LOL... Ride safe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Been there - had that - went away after back surgery (sorry guys) - was gone for a long time until I started having back problems again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bad hip (s) will do that, I can swear to that. :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
left is bad, right is not good. That's is why I had a custom seat and pegs made. :(

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
This was not multiple choice question ! My right side gets the deep hip ache. I was looking for a pattern here !!!!!!!!!! Ok. When you stop, do you favor your left or right foot ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
This was not multiple choice question ! My right side gets the deep hip ache. I was looking for a pattern here !!!!!!!!!! Ok. When you stop, do you favor your left or right foot ?
I try not to, it is not the bike or what side I use, on my shadow I use my right foot, goldwing left foot, this is most of the time. My rotation is almost gone in the left hip.:mad:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
As the brake pedal is always on the right side there is a natural tendency to place the left landing gear down first. If I had to have a choice between the right and the left side strength, I would take the left side, even though I'm right handed. Do you know why Catholic's were taught to write with the " right hand " ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
As the brake pedal is always on the right side there is a natural tendency to place the left landing gear down first. If I had to have a choice between the right and the left side strength, I would take the left side, even though I'm right handed. Do you know why Catholic's were taught to write with the " right hand " ?
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Who was seated at the " Left Hand of God " ? It is no coincidence that Roman Catholic school children were encouraged ( forced ) to write right handed. This has serious theological implications !
Hmm.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
you are very funny.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
darn, we are a mess huh? My right hip does the exact same thing, but guys I'm 69, so I'm allowed to hurt once in a while. wont stop riding though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts