Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS delivered my shiny new OEM spoiler yesterday and this morning I took the plunge. I found the little nibs on the underside of the trunk lid that marks where the holes go. I lined up the provided template and you could feel the nibs through the paper exactly in marked spots on the template.

After a couple Hail Marys I pulled the trigger on my drill and made the holes, you have to hang on when drilling the 7/16" holes. I had to elongate one hole slightly to get all the bolts in. I found a small application of dish detergent on the grommet made it slip right into place.

I was wondering what the extra (red) connector is for? This is a nice addition to my Goldwing.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Nicely done jayhawkokie! Wow chop, might be time to drop a hint Santa's way!:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed it as much for safety as I did for looks, want to be seen from behind..I hate these aholes who pull up 2 feet behind your fender at a stop.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
good work jayhawk. i think 1500 and 1800 wings look much better with a spoiler now if i could only find one for my 1200 wing

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been thinking about ordering the dual function harness myself. I've found them on Ebay for $10-$17.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jay ....do it!
I have a 'yeller' one too, and the only thing I didnt like after putting it on, was the spoiler lens being clear when all others were red. I got the EC ($17 I think) from Wingstuff and now I have 'red' lights all around! (PS the EC one was rated highest in feedback on wingstuff)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts