Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone riding to Sturgis SD from Fl or SE USA, I am thinking about going there before I go to Colorado in August. :)

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I have a few friends who have gone over the last few years. It might be fun to just jump in but most people plan a year in advance since 300,000 or however many show up. A bunch of tents make it a big city for a few days and every RV within 800 miles is rented. Just make sure you have a place to stay and I think you have a good idea looking for some others to ride with.

Good luck, have fun but keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
love2ride,
Thank you, I have been to Sturgis many times before. Since I am going out West and to Colorado I thought I would also go to Sturgis again. Lodging is always at a premium but I have always found something. I like the Black Hills and surrounding area(s). Sturgis is usually a day trip, like Daytona, Leesburg, and the rest. A day in town is plenty for me. I have some freinds who will be there and I would ride back to Colorado with them.
Thank you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Been there, done that. Six times. It was fun when I was young and was a great party. However, like Jeanne said about Vegas, "Now that I have been there and had a great time, I dont care to go back."
I would rather ride to Central City CO and have a good time there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts