Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 gl 1500...134000 miles...Regular oil changes since day one. Crusing at 55mph engine stumbles for about 2 or 3 seconds when I hit the gas. Same thing happens at any speed when accelerating and when taking off from a dead stop. Other than that it runs like a top. The bike sat for 4 years and Ive ran 1/2 tank of gas mixed with SEAFOAM through it. Any sugestions would be appreciated. I do all my own maintenance. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
have you changed the fuel filter

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The early 1500's had a problem with stumbling from a take off. 4 degree and 6 degree trigger wheels were sold to correct that, they advanced the timing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is Only my OPINION....but it sounds like he has owned this Wing for a While and no Hesitation thus a New Issue for the machine. I would believe there could be a gumming Problem there in the Carbs possibly and if it were me I would keep putting Sea Foam thru it while using Premium Grade Fuel. A clean Fuel Filter never hurt either. I also wonder when the Air Filter was last changed. I hope that guy doesn't come in here and call me a "BackYard Wrench Monkey"...lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I we're to call you a "back yard wrench monkey' the term would have used with the highest reguard...You back yard wrench monkey. Actually I just aquired this gl1500 last week "Ive allways wanted a land yacht...and now I have one...with reverse! I tend to agree with the notion of gummed up carbs because it sat for so long, and Ill keep on running SEAFOAM through it. A new fuel filter never hurts but if it was clogged the engine would'nt stumble at lower rpms but more likely at higher rpms...Im sure you'd aggree being a fellow wrench monkey and all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pepper, Let us know when you get it worked out so we will learn what fixed your issue. Good Luck and I hope you get it fixed soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts