Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologise if this has been covered previously, but I searched and came up empty. Does anyone lse have difficulty in connecting their headset plug? I have an '09 GL1800AD (cdn) and the connectors are a royal pain in the a**:confused: It is almost as if they have a mind of their own when it comes time to plug in. Do they get better over time? I've never encountered this on previous models:eek:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
When new they can a pain in the rear. Put a little spit or WD40 on the outside of the plug that is attached to the bike, JUST A LITTLE, and the plug will connect easier. If the plug from your helmet have the boot on it it is harder than the one without the boot.
WITHOUT BOOT

WITH BOOT

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe! The first Wing ('8 Interstate)I had I put an aftermarket 2-way on it. My '92 had the built in system, but I bought that one used so had no issues with the plug-ins. My new one doesn't have the boot thank goodness. A couple of the GWRRA members mentioned theirs being stubborn, but had no solutions to offer. Keep the shiny side up:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts