Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have been riding for well over 400 miles and, when I went to bed I didn't notice till I woke up that there is some sort of film on the underside of the windshield that can be scraped off but. I'm not sure how to clean it off either.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
My F-4 has a smokey look to it, I'm assuming it is the scratch resistant surface.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Is it a stock windshield, a F-4. after market, what year Wing??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Looks like your bike is an older model by your album photo, 87 aspy? Has the windshield ever been replaced? It maybe the plastic breaking down causing a film to develop. On my 83 Venture way back when, I used some plastic polishes by Novus. They had three grit grades, mind you it's fine polishing compounds that did a fair job cleaning up that windshield for a while. But then Yamaha had used some coating on the windshields that started yellowing and flaking. Played hell polishing all that off. Ok for a couple seasons until I could afford and find a new one. The 1100 and 1200 windshields we're not expensive, but that was quite some time ago I priced them.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the windshield was resently replaced before i got her. its a clear film like some sort of anti fog coating like someone layered rain x on it because it scrapes right off. ill keep cleaning it and see if it comes off more

·
Vendor
169 Posts
Is there a stamp in the lower left corner?

Sounds like it may be delaminating. I would be glad to discuss if you would like to call on Monday...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.