Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Michigan area, flew into Santa Fe to pick up a 1988 Goldwing. Very close to Flagstaff we discovered the gearshift pedal had fallen off. Any tips on place in the area to get a replacement fast?

·
Super Moderator
28,436 Posts
Too bad you're having trouble. Saw these guys on Ebay maybe they can help.

Crescent Moon Cycles

7391 East 1st Street

Prescott Valley, AZ 86314

Contact Information:

Susan or Frenchy

Phone: (928) 759-0334 Tue-Sat Between 10 AM & 6 PM MST

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just a thought, I have heard of people using a small pair of vice-grips pliers on shaft. Might get you home or some place to get new shift lever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
call R & D Honda in Raton NM. phone#S are 719-252-4503 and 303-981-3201 they're less than 200 miles from santa fe.hope this helps lazz

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
thats frenchy over at crecent moon, he use to live in davidson, mi before moving to az. i met hem about a year before he moved and he's on the NGW FORUM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Just want to thank everyone for the great response to our problem. I had to get offline before I could view any of them. We tried several places and, though everyone was very friendly, they all wanted to see the bike before they were willing to help. Since we couldn't drive the bike....... Anyway, my husband finally took a cab over to Northland and picked out a gearshift lever for a Honda dirt bike. Fortunately we knew just the length we needed and he had taken an impression on paper of the shaft. The one he picked out fit and we made it to San Jose by Wednesday afternoon. We sure went through some crazy weather; cold, fog, sand storm and even snow before we got there. What a ride! The scenery was awesome.
Thanks again all,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Glad to hear you made it.. I am sure you will look back with fond memories and have something to tell your friends about.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts