Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my niece karen and i took a 30 mile ride to visit my nephwe kevin yesterday and boy was it hot. 98 was the high. the ride there was uneventfull and we had fun talking with kevin. karen even let him ride her ninja 500r. he came back all smiles, you could see bike fever in his eyes. keven hasn't been on a bike since collegs back in the late '80's. then as we were leaving the storm clouds moved in and it started raining, lightly but then hale started falling, about the size of a quarter . then back to a steady rain. i made sure karen got home then made my way home ( dunlop e-3's ) running 45 - 60 in the rain. by the time i got home it had stopped raining but i had told karen that i would call and let her know when i got home which i did

·
Super Moderator
11,790 Posts
Sounds like an interesting and possibly painful ride. Glad you both made it home safe.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we stopped just for a moment so karen could put her phone in her tailbag so it woildn't get wet. she admitted to me that she had never ridden in such a heavy rain, the hale had ended and that we would make it to her house with no problems. we rode at a speed she felt comfortable riding at and we made it to her house and i made it to my house with no problems

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Another good ride that ended well. It's a little hotter here, it hit 100 yesterday and today. My bikes are in the garage and may come out tomorrow morning for a short jaunt.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Went for a 400 mile round trip today to fossil's house for lunch. Well worth the drive. Storms forecasted all around our route and evidence of rain along most of the route back. Someone got wet today somewhere, but it wasn't us.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Went for a 400 mile round trip today to fossil's house for lunch. Well worth the drive. Storms forecasted all around our route and evidence of rain along most of the route back. Someone got wet today somewhere, but it wasn't us.
Glad you had a safe trip...... Oh, by the way, I don't remember seeing the invitation.... Must still be "in the mail".... LOL

Hope you have a good time. Did Janice have steaks again??? (as my mouth begins to droolllll)

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
William, glad you had a safe trip. Looks like everybody is getting out and riding in your family. Good for you... Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Deter, what were you wearing as wet weather gear? Sounds like a nice ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deter, what were you wearing as wet weather gear? Sounds like a nice ride.
well to be honest bill i have never worn the rain gear in my right saddle bag. i had on a pair of dockers pants and my joe rocket ballistic jacket, yea the one with no liner, tourmaster response sc boots, and intake air gloves so by the time i got home the only dry parts were my head and feet:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts