Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. My name is Terry from central Illinois.
I'm not new to goldwings but it has been 4 years since I've owned one. I've owned an 81, an 88, a 93 aspencade, a 99 aspencade, an 01 GL1800a and have just agreed to purchase an 05. I'm pretty excited to get back on the beast. I sold my 01 in 06 to get a BMW which I enjoyed but I don't get the same comfort and excitement of a GL. I also currently own an 08 Kawasaki Concours, 08 HD Ultra Classic, 07 HD VRSCD and an 05 HD 1200C for the girlfriend to ride.
Now, let the farkling begin. :)

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
gntlewind,

Welcome, My you have a plethora of motorcycles there. Let us know if you ever need help riding them all.;)

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa, and congrats on getting back into a Wing. Quite a stable of rides you have. Between license fees, insurance, oil, gas and maint they must keep you working a lot. Hope you have time to ride. When you do, ride safe and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having so many does create quite an expense and my full intention was to simplify and get down to just 2 or 3 bikes that I really like. I sold 2 bikes last weekend, have a couple of bites on the RT that is for sale and then I found this wing and couldn't pass on it. Hopefully my resolve will be a little stronger next time and I will just sell a couple more and keep the money in the bank. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Howdy gntlewind and welcome. I've only owned more than one bike at a time once in my life; sounds like a fun problem to me!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Hello and welcome from Georgia, I was born in Effingham,Il moved to Georgia when I was 18 and love it here sometimes I miss Ill but could not leave Dixie now

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Effingham is only about 35 miles from me. I live in Charleston. I know how you feel tho. I lived in Charleston, SC for about 10 years and then all over the south for the next 5 but moved home to raise a family and started a business which has kept me here for the last few years. I could move but then I would have to go to work and at my age, it wouldn't be as easy as it was before.
Terry

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF gntlewing and congrats on the purchase of your new wing

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Hello gentlwind, welcome from another Illini guy, I'm up in NW Ill. 30 miles from the Wi. border and 12 from Iowa. Sounds like you could ride a different bike every day of the week. :D

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Effingham is only about 35 miles from me. I live in Charleston. I know how you feel tho. I lived in Charleston, SC for about 10 years and then all over the south for the next 5 but moved home to raise a family and started a business which has kept me here for the last few years. I could move but then I would have to go to work and at my age, it wouldn't be as easy as it was before.
Terry
Yea I know were Charleston is nice town, I will be back in Il in june for a family reunion would love to ride my Wing up there but can not get a way from the job that long.The weekend before have a big trip planed going to Ride the Cherahalo skyway and do the Draon Tail we love it up there. Good to talk to someone close to the old home place

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey Terry, WELCOME to the site. Sounds like one awesome stable of bikes you have. I have a pair myself but the Wing has stole my heart. Wait a minute, I also have a stable, except I have to shovel hourse poop there...:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts