Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my VTX and still have the stock seats. I think they have less than a few hundred miles on them. Anyone want to make an offer? Not looking to make a killing, just don't want them to go to waste.

PM me if interested and I'll take pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hated seeing this old post that keeps coming up with my name on it almost as much as I hated having the VTX seat taking up space in my storage area. I finally gave up and put it out by the road where in Hopkinsville people come by and pick up almost anything. I think it's a new form of recycling. I've had them pick up a trampoline, chairs, a torn up swimming pool, a swing set, and even just boxes that people pick up before the garbage man has time to get it.

Anyway, I was out washing my Goldwing after putting the seat by the road and the police started driving by and patrolling our neighborhood back and forth. I was curious what was going on and eventually one of the cops pulled in my driveway. He explained that there was a report of a kid riding a bicycle with a gun in the area and they were trying to make sure it was not a problem. Then he asked me what the seat came off of. I told him and he said he had a Harley he was trying to fix up and wondered if he might be able to tinker with the VTX seat and get it to work. He sheepishly asked if I thought it would be unprofessional if he took the seat. Of course I said no, because I was thrilled not to have it in the trash.

So the points of this story are:
1. You probably aren't going to get anything from a used VTX seat.
2. If you don't want to throw it away, you might find a policeman with a Harley.

Now at least this is a little more interesting of a post.

·
Super Moderator
28,017 Posts
Excellent Paul Excellent

And worthy of keeping your thread alive

:LaughHard:

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
I would have told him "No, you can have it, no cost. But if you ever write me a ticket, the entire state will know you put a Honda seat on your Harley."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts