Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rode 250 miles during bike week and noticed that my seat doesn't feel like it want's to hold me in a good spot. It feels like it's rolling me forward into the tank, I've noticed other bikes have seats that go up towards the tank to help push the rider towards the back. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem and what I can do about it "cheaply". I looked at Corbin's website and they want almost $500 for a new seat, while it may be worth it I just can't afford it. '87 GL1200 Aspencade with stock seat. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Buddy, I have a 2002 1800 wing and I found the same problem. Like you I started to look at other seats, my biggest problem is I live in the UK, everything I buy for my wing is from the States, the problem is the amount we are hit by them Customs people :-(
So a Corbin or the like would cost me a fortune, what I did was I took the seat to a local firm that alters seats, and she built up the front of the seat near the tank, and that has worked for me. Hope this give you an idea, and that you have success. Ride safe, regards Sweep.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
If you don't want to spend the money on a custom seat than take it to an upholstery shop and have them modify the old seat, maybe take some padding out of the area you sit on, that would help you sit IN the seat more.,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seat

Thanks for your input, I'll try to find an upholsterer around here and see what I can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts