Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2002 with 24,000 miles. I have been riding a 2002 Shadow Aero for the last 8 years. The suspension on my Goldwing is very stiff and the ride is choppy. I set the suspension on 6 and tryed that and even up to 20. I can feel the rear suspendion moving up and down when I adjust it. it just seams stiff to me after all the years on the Shadow.
It has radial tires but I fell it more in the damping then the tires.
Thanks
Brett

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello btaillon and welcome to GWOF. one of the 1800 riders will chime in to help soon

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There was a post on the "other" board by Tom Finch. To long to fully explain and Tom is the owner of Tailwind Trailers among other accomplishments during his life.
He posted a very good explanation of the Wing's rear suspension and explained something that went against everything I thought I knew about preload.
Try upping your preload to the max. of 25, then go for a ride!
I did this without telling the wife. Hadn't gone very far when she commented the bumps/dips were not as harsh anymore, what did you do?
As far as the front suspension, you need to make sure your Antidive valve is working properly. There are a multitude of 1800 riders that disable the ADV and claim improvement.
I disabled mine when I triked my Wing. As I also added a rake kit to the front, I'm not sure if disabling the ADV or a combination of all I did improved the front but, it is better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts