Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,573 Posts
From an earlier post by a member on the subject. Seems to work the best..

Get some CRC electrical cleaner and spray the heck out of them on the inside, and then work the buttons. Or radio shack or Napa carry electrical cleaner. Once sprayed work the buttons in and out a bunch and should free them up. If you have shop air you can chase the cleaner with it. I pushed my hazard button on my 95 yesterday and it stuck in, sprayed with cleaner and works fine now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
Now to dig into the last guys gross attempt to put lights everywhere. My grandson could have wired it better. Wish me luck on that one. Lol

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Welcome and good luck cleaning up that rat's nest of wires. All too often p/o's make a mess of things, done it myself truth be told.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Sticky switches are a common problem on the Gold Wings. I would operate all my switches every time i ride just to keep them functional. Spray contact cleaner into the housing and operate them as you do it. Cover any plastic or painted surfaces so the cleaner does not get on them. DO NOT use WD 40. It is a lube and will attract dirt and dust and cause more problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts