Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
know at least two of you missed me enough to contact me to see if everything was okay. Thanks for that and all is well. I just have been busy at work. A new duty assigned to me last November involved the upkeep on the fire experience and qualifications for all the wildland firefighters in the state for my agency. So, since then I have spent WAY too many hours on the computer making sure everyone is up to date and their cards reflect their qualifications. So when I get home the last thing I think about is getting on the computer.

I spent some time this evening seeing what y’all been up to and have to say. Y’all are a hoot and I’m not sure why I ever stopped checking in. I also hear some about Eric coming for a visit and being in Pennsylvania in August. I looked for that thread but am not seeing it. Some help would be appreciated. That is a busy time in the west for wildfires but if my team isn’t up you just might see me there.

I have managed to get out of the office some to help on the districts during the winter and spring with prescribed burning and spent a week early this month on a large wildfire near Fort Davis, Texas. I have not gone on any bike trips but have managed to ride the bikes a good bit with the Not-Winter we had here. I plan on a solo trip next week to west Texas and New Mexico to see some new ground.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Glad you made it back...We have to keep as many Southeast folks here as possible.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I thought you were one of the lurkers who didn't have anything you wanted to share about. You let the rest of us blabber away.

You will find information about the Hoon Tour here:

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9274 (west coast arrival and various other information.) How it all started.

http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10059 (the eastern half of this tour. This thread started much later but has all the east side info)

Ron Robertson and Old Fossil92 are the hosts and the instigators of this. It might not be too late to get a tee shirt, but that is being done by Eric.

Order your steak at Fossils house soon as the table is filling up.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Good to see you back. I see Larry has already sent you some of the links that talk about Eric's American tour. If your available your more than welcome to join in.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Would love to see you in August. Mark if I can't get one of my USA mates to catch up with me here. I will take me to the USA.LOL. By the time I get there tell them you need a well deserved rest. Eric

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Welcome back Mark. I know exactly what you're talking about. I was 'away' for a while just caught up in work and other hobbies (yes there are others :))

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
The way I see it you have to decide whether it's easier to maintain a certain level of presence here or be obliged to state the reasons for your absence. Either way, it's going to require a bit of keyboard work.;)

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad to see you back Mark. You know what they say, "all work and no play".......

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
welcome back mark, over the years i've gotten use to you being away from the forum from time to time

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Mark,

Here is the actual updated Itinerary complete with dates. Eric has said that this is still the plan. We will update as necessary as we get closer. Give me a call if you want any news in particular. By the way Welcome back my Friend.

PM Sent As Well.

Eric's final Itinerary We hope) -long post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is our itinerary and there should not be too much changed from this. We would love to see as many GWOF members as we can because this is, as far as I know, a one off, going this way. I have looked at the locations of a lot of our central members and we will be passing through your area. If you want to catch up, let me know. We are planning to book our accommodation a day ahead. Don't be scared to make contact if you think you might like to meet us, maybe we could at least enjoy a coffee if not lunch or dinner depending on the time of the day we meet! I will have a USA cell phone soon after we arrive for you to make contact in the evenings. (Eric tried to attach a word file and could not so he has asked me to quickly type in our itinerary. This will make it long- sorry )
August 3-7 in Sumas, WA with Ron
August 8-10 riding to Kalispell, Mn
August 10-12 Northwest Meet and Greet
August 12 ride towards Yellowstone with Ron
August 12-14 in Yellowstone area
August 15 overnight out of Yellowstone possibly Cody Wyoming
August 16&17 Rapid City, South Dakota
August 18 to Sioux City, Iowa
August 19 to Mt Pleasant, Iowa
August 20 to Logansport, Indiana
August 21 to DuBois, PA
August 22 to Frackville, PA with Fossil
August 22 to 25 with Fossil (late afternoon flight to Vancouver, Canada)
August 26 In Vancouver, have lunch, walk around, take photos etc to airport about 5pm for 8pm flight to Aukland NZ
After that... it will be Wow! those USA folk gave us a great time! Thanks! with all that planning it is over til next time.. when we start in the north east, go south, south west then to Portland, Oregon to ship bike back to Oz. from Eric and Vanessa

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome back , hope you stay a little longer

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks and it will take me a while to catch up on the trip threads, wow, sounds like a good ride.....but don't they all.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Welcome back, my friend. If you happen to come through North Texas on your trip out West, give me a heads up. I'd love to ride a leg of the trip with you.

Regards,
Will Richardson (willmax)

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome back, my friend. If you happen to come through North Texas on your trip out West, give me a heads up. I'd love to ride a leg of the trip with you.

Regards,
Will Richardson (willmax)
Will,
My trip though North Texas will be a quick one. Sunday morning I'll be in Ruston, LA and headed for Uvalde, TX. Just putting the miles behind me to get to Hwy 90 and what I want to see around Big Bend area. Let me know if you want to meet up and I'll get some times figured out.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Mark,

Would love to meet up with you on Sunday and ride. I've got a tennis match in the early afternoon--any idea when you might be in these parts?

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That quick run Sunday from Tyler to Waco on Hwy 31 is as close as I will be to you. Monday I'm going from Uvalde to Alpine. Tuesday will be around the Fort Davis area. Wednesday into New Mexico. I'm planning on coming back to Mississippi via I-40 through Oklahoma and Arkansas to be back for the Princess's birthday on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Afraid that's too far for me to make and still be back here for my match. Catch you next time; ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Welcome back to the forum. I hope you and the crews aren't too busy this year.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Afraid that's too far for me to make and still be back here for my match. Catch you next time; ride safe.
Figured so, next time I'll try not to hurry through.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome back to the forum. I hope you and the crews aren't too busy this year.
Thanks, the forecast is for us to head your way to help out this summer. We'll see. We've been busy in the southeast for the past few years and the west has been quiet. I haven't broken out my tent since 2006.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts