Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am here to tell you I love my 86 aspy (my wife will back me up on that) and I never mistreat her we shift between 2500 and 3000 rpms all the time and a each shift takes a couple of seconds to complete and I don't think I have ever been above 65 mph.
But today we were out for a ride around town and trying to get out onto the 4 lane highway with the weekend northbound traffic after waiting about five minuites I decided to "get out there and go".
So as I pulled out with plenty of room, except for my normal accelaration rate so I turned her up to about 4000 rpms and grabbed second gear quickly (and I am sure it would not have happened if I weighed what I did 20 years ago) but I know the front tire left the pavment a little:eek:. (not a ninja wheelie but it just surprised me) do not want to do that again.
I guess my point to this is if you ever change your driving habit be ready it may surprise you.
54,000 miles and she's still got it in reserve.
Jerry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She sang beautifully today and I almost cleaned my pipe.
I expect that kind of behavior from the ninja because he is a bad boy when taking off from a stop so you treat him as such.
But this was so unexpected that it was a little spooky and thrilling at the same time.
Jerry

·
Registered
768 Posts
go Stella go!!! Did ya have to change your shorts? Never mind Thats a visual I don't want in my head.:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Sounds like Stella can still get her groove on.;)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Thruuuuummmmpppppp..."some fun, huh Bambi?!";)

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Sometimes those Old Girls will supprise you:eek:
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
stella has plenty of grunt, you just have to keep her above 2500 rpm. i shift around 3000 rpm and try and keep the rpm's above 2200

1 - 9 of 9 Posts