Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,826 Posts
Martena and I are in Rapid City. We stopped by Mt Rushmore today as I thought the Black Hills would be cooler than Devils Tower. It was 90 when we got here so I bet I was right. She gets on a plane home tomorrow and I start the ride home

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Martena and I are in Rapid City. We stopped by Mt Rushmore today as I thought the Black Hills would be cooler than Devils Tower. It was 90 when we got here so I bet I was right. She gets on a plane home tomorrow and I start the ride home
This may be the most motorcycling she has done....She may be happy with the plane ride. Be safe my friend.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Mark tell Martena to have a good flight and you have a safe ride.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Good Job Big Daddy, glad you,and Sue made it home safe, great meeting her, and seeing you again.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Made it home safe at 4:00pm today, thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
8,510 Posts
Posting from Everett, WA at my sister's home. 2,200 miles to here. Rode through eastern Washington today to see Grand Coulee Dam before heading west on US-2 to Everett. It was hotter than hell in the east and still pretty warm tonight on the west side of the Cascade Mtns. Will be leaving Wed. for Lewiston, ID and then Palouse, MT (Flathead Lake) to camp with BIL, his dad, brother and uncle before heading for home. We had a barbeque tonight with their friends that I've met and ridden with in the past. Great time!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My turn for the last leg of this journey. Only 840 miles to go til I get to sleep in my own bed. Lol. Enjoyed resting and hanging out with Mr Cooper yesterday. Now I just gotta talk my self into getting back atop my trusty steed and powering on. Ride safe everyone. Enjoyed the heck out of this adventure. Until next time.
Big Ken

·
Super Moderator
9,393 Posts
Took the route through Nebraska. Leaving Omaha this morning. Next stop Joliet. Then on to Wandsworth OH to visit nephew. Safe travels everyone...

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Big Ken just left my house at 0750 headed east toward home, glad he rested up yesterday.

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
After spending a beautiful night in the Rockies we worked our way to Junction City Kansas. Weather is nice not like the heat you guys are getting going west and all the rain in the East I think we hit it just perfect. ON our way to Indianapolis.

·
Super Moderator
27,567 Posts
jaNICE and I had a great couple days and landed in Airdrie Ab for the night with the boss and his wife. Great folks and we are relaxing in lobby.

·
Super Moderator
27,567 Posts
You'll be a day ahead of us. I expect a full report! :D;):D
Kerry/Liana, we only made it to Lake Louise for a fuel stop(way to crowded) however we did go to the Icefields, saw Athabasca Glacier, and took the obligatory selfie at BowLake/Crowfoot Glacier.

Some info for you when you cross into Jasper there is about 40 Km of freshly paved (not even striped yet) beautiful parkway road to enjoy. Sweet!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
Got home a little while ago. Ron and Betty are on their way to Quincy, WA and Eric and Vanessa are headed towards the coast.

Another kudos to Ron for spearheading this great adventure. :)

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Kerry glad you made it home safe, was good meeting you and chit chatting most of the nights.:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
13,826 Posts
Did Martena do a lot of bike riding, is she comfortable(not scared) riding?
This may be the most motorcycling she has done....She may be happy with the plane ride. Be safe my friend.
The last day was 240 miles for her. She did good. I stopped often and took it easy through the curves. The first couple I thought I was taking it easy but she commented that we were leaning pretty good. Not really, but I took the hint. She thinks she could work up to 300 mile days without a problem. I'll talk her into flying and meeting us just about anywhere.

Mark tell Martena to have a good flight and you have a safe ride.
She is home and I'm working on it.

My turn for the last leg of this journey. Only 840 miles to go til I get to sleep in my own bed. Lol. Enjoyed resting and hanging out with Mr Cooper yesterday. Now I just gotta talk my self into getting back atop my trusty steed and powering on. Ride safe everyone. Enjoyed the heck out of this adventure. Until next time.
Big Ken

JUST GET ON THE DMN BIKE!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha... sorry couldn't help myself.
>:)

·
Super Moderator
13,826 Posts
Oh, yeah. I dropped Martena off at the Rapid City airport this morning and headed south. A closed road sent me on a 60 mile detour around the south end of the Badlands. Then through the NW end of Nebraska. Stopped at a number of Oregon Trail sites and made it to Ogallala, Nebraska for the night. It did get to 92 for the last leg along US 26 but not too bad. Sunny and clear all day. Western Nebraska is nothing like you would think. Very scenic.

Tomorrow I should end up in Hutchinson, Kansas.

Ride on.....

21 - 40 of 115 Posts